FireFox Bookmark Manager

karachidude

karachidude

sup guys,

i want recommendations on the best Firefox bookmarks manager.heres a link.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:1/cat:22/sort:popular?show=20

i have more than 50 bookmarks.I want only "FAVICONS" to show on the bookmark tab on firefox ,like they show on Chrome(but chrome doesnt only shows Favicons of the sites but other info aswell) cause i have too many bookmark,and i would like them available on the top of the page when i click open firefox.15-20 bookmarks on one tab would be awsome,and there can be multiple bookmark tab.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Also let me know which browser handles bookmarks the best

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sl@pSh0ck™

sup guys,

i want recommendations on the best Firefox bookmarks manager.heres a link.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:1/cat:22/sort:popular?show=20

i have more than 50 bookmarks.I want only "FAVICONS" to show on the bookmark tab on firefox ,like they show on Chrome(but chrome doesnt only shows Favicons of the sites but other info aswell) cause i have too many bookmark,and i would like them available on the top of the page when i click open firefox.15-20 bookmarks on one tab would be awsome,and there can be multiple bookmark tab.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Also let me know which browser handles bookmarks the best

do you mean something like this?

post-23431-12689116015_thumb.png

Sl@pSh0ck™

Wow how did you get this Nivrid05?

it's just the built-in bookmark toolbar of firefox 3.6....after bookmarking a page and putting it on your toolbar ... right click on it, go to properties and delete the name then save ... you have to do this to all of your toolbar bookmark entries so you will only have the icons showing up. BTW the theme I'm using is Fx4. ;)

***You can do the same thing w/ Opera using the built in personal bar

post-23431-126891576598_thumb.png

OK thanks it looks really great!

One more question please,how can I put the tabs on the top of the screen?I mean above the adress bar?

Thanks

karachidude

exactly like this..Rock on Nivrid :D

let me try to get this to work the way u described :D

Thanks

One more question please,how can I put the tabs on the top of the screen?I mean above the adress bar?

Thanks

In the Options Fx4 window, just check "Show Tabbar on top". You have to have the Firefox Fx4 theme installed.

karachidude

yeh its done :D,can we import all Chrome bookmarks to Firefox

Yes gotit

thanks

Sl@pSh0ck™

Thanks

you have to install Fx4 theme along w/ Fx4 options, then go to Fx4 options and check show tabbar on top, as nightowl said. :D

You guys would die if you had my old bookmarks.. LOL.. the file exported was 1.2 MB in size.. after economy crashed and a few years some sites started to well.. 'Go under...' as the term goes.. so I started to clean them out and keep them updated.. I also used an addon called ' Bookmark Duplicate Detector ' which helps in finding and letting you know when you are trying to save a duplicated bookmark from the same site.. came in quite handy.. Anyway after some work I was able to turn that file into a 227 KB file now which is quite manageable.. just using the default manager in FF.

When you said 50 bookmarks I was all like, :P ... One more idea is to write your own little HTML page which you can use as your Home page or secondary home page which makes quick work of going directly to your favorite sites from your main tab when you open your browser..

Sl@pSh0ck™

@heath

50 bookmarks in the bookmark toolbar is not hard to do ... I have now 41 of them w/ separator in b/w .. and I have the bookmarks button and the fullscreen toggle button in there ... so if I remove the separators and the bookmark and fullscreen toggle button ... I can put more than 50 actually. :D

Cool... but probably well over that here..( like up into or just under 500, the 227 KB is without all of the code for the favicons.. - which I might add made them even smaller ) I think you can more add more and more bars I am not for sure.. I have seen addons that you can use like Chrome and Opera too on the site for like a most frequently viewed page.. Quite a few goodies out there! Even I think Cool Iris has an option to do Bookmarks... Fox Tab..Like I said quite a few toys out there..

I actually like using the old method.. I have written a page that gives me six blocks ( started to show a screenie ) I can navigate using Shortcut Keys.. which gets me where I need to go.. and I go for minimal clean on the skin..program all of it.. LOL.. The bookmarks bar , however is one of the first things to go when I install.

• Administrator

I am a rather old fashioned guy. I drag and drop links to the desktop. :P

Thats what I do with crap I don't want to bookmark or I don't know yet.. I always throw it onto an EHD into a 'To Be Processed' folder.. for the most part this stuff gets deleted and never looked at... but its handy.. except I always find myself having to drag and drop twice before it actually works as intended..???

• Administrator

I have desktop full of files and folders with links. If I take both my bookmarks and desktop links. I would be having around 200 of them(all useful). :P

LOL.. I couldn't take it.. it would be like having paperwork all over my desk all of the time.. One of my eyes would creep over to the pile and keep distracting me from my objective/goal/what I am doing at the time.. LOL..

I have to have it clean and in its place... not psychotically or anything..LOL but ya know.. for me it would cause a problem... I process everything I do.. if I'm running and collecting.. then they all go in one place but its the first place it all goes for that purpose to keep it separate from everything else.. Sadistically Methodical would be a good word.. however predictable and easily disheveled ... One thing out of place or 'off' and I know.. but it can be a good indicator in some cases..

I do have one shortcut ( .lnk ) file on my desktop, ( and its hidden as all things on the desktop are for me..) but the one shortcut I do have is a link to My Computer, which has an icon modified with one from the Amana theme and I have assigned a shortcut key to it so.. that all I have to do to open explorer at My Computer is hit the key combo.. then I can repeat as much as I want with Ctrl+N ( I actually have a guide for all the Keys in Windows 7 I found.. ).. Other than that are th default ones that only show in explorer..

EDIT: Oh and I have a regsirty hack that I use if I do have to use my Desktop for some reason.. and it makes everything into List View.. like n explorer without the details...smaller icons and columns..

Sl@pSh0ck™

you have to install Fx4 theme along w/ Fx4 options

You no longer have to install the Fx4 options separately. The Fx4 theme has for some time automatically installed the "Fx4 options".

Required extension

Fx4 options https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/49158/

Installed automatically with the theme.

much better then, when I installed this theme I had to install fx4 option separately ... good to hear :)

I would recommend Xmarks if your are using different browsers.

The best bookmark manager for Firefox is Mozilla Weave:

Using this free browser add-on from Mozilla Labs, you can use secure mechanisms to access all of your personal data (including your bookmarks, saved passwords, browsing history, and open browser tabs) across all of your supported devices, making your Web experience instantly more personal and useful.

m using strata40 with strata buddy and some more add ons .

it does the same job ,, except , i think the tabs beneath the address bar function ,,,, there is an option for it too , but then with it the glass effect vanishes .

need help about this guys ,,

@nivrid

thanx for this clever simple trick ....just displaying the logo for a site is neat n cool

but in my case the FF doesnt display the logo/icons for some sites ,,,

see the capture .

post-24436-126930744122_thumb.jpg

what is left is just a blank page , with no image id for some sites .....:wut:

how to get it right ????:think:

Archived