Is it possible to merge 2 (Android) WhatsApp databases?

Archimede

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me with the below situation:

December 2021 phone A crashed but I recovered the WhatsApp database (msgstore.db) containing important messages sent/received from/on phone A.

I started using (a temporary spare) phone B while recovering other data from phone A.

February 2022 I am planning to stop using phone B to go back to phone A. I saved the WhatsApp database (msgstore.db) containing important messages sent/received from/on phone B.

Question : Is there a way or a 3rd party (either Windows or Android) tool to merge the 2 WhatsApp databases so that I can keep on phone A all important messages of 2021 and 2022?

Thanks for any constructive suggestions

• Administrator

Topic moved to Mobile Mania. Guides and Tutorials are only for posting tutorials and such.

Did you check. Does B not have files of A already. If it does, then you can setup a backup on Google Drive and check there.

Personally, I've never done it, there has been no need, but there are several similar problems here, and as far as I read them, people claim that at least some of these methods worked for them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=merge+2+whatsapp+databases&oq=Merge+2+WhatsApp+databases&ie=UTF-8

2 hours ago, Kalju said:

Personally, I've never done it, there has been no need, but there are several similar problems here, and as far as I read them, people claim that at least some of these methods worked for them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=merge+2+whatsapp+databases&oq=Merge+2+WhatsApp+databases&ie=UTF-8

I already consulted XDA as I have been a member of that forum for almost 20 years... The so-called solutions I found so far, are not working.

I was hoping someone on nsane would suggest something "original"

3 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Did you check. Does B not have files of A already. If it does, then you can setup a backup on Google Drive and check there.

Please allow me to clarify.

Restoring a WhatsApp backup (either from local or remote storage) is a procedure that I am familiar with, however when restoring a WhatsApp backup, only one database file can be used.

In my case I have 2 separate database files (one contains messages for the period up to Dec 2021 and the other one contains messages for Jan+Feb 2022) that were created on 2 separate phones. I need to merge them because they both contain important messages with the same contacts that I need to keep on one phone in the same WhatsApp account.

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Archimede said:

Please allow me to clarify.

Restoring a WhatsApp backup (either from local or remote storage) is a procedure that I am familiar with, however when restoring a WhatsApp backup, only one database file can be used.

In my case I have 2 separate database files (one contains messages for the period up to Dec 2021 and the other one contains messages for Jan+Feb 2022) that were created on 2 separate phones. I need to merge them because they both contain important messages with the same contacts that I need to keep on one phone in the same WhatsApp account.

Have you tried putting files of both the databases in a single folder and opened it in a single device to check. It is worth a try.

If not then merging them is something I am not aware.

Maybe you also try contacting them if you want there.

8 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Have you tried putting files of both the databases in a single folder and opened it in a single device to check. It is worth a try.

Thanks for your efforts dear, however please note that WhatsApp would read the file named "msgstore.db" and having 2 files with the same name under the same path is impossible