• FireFox
    • IE
    • Opera
    • Mozilla
    • Maxthon (MyIE2)
    • Netscape
    • Google Chrome

Had no option was in the office.... :rolleyes:

Needed admin rights to install firefox.... which is the first thing I do on evry comp that I use...

• Replies 85
  • Views 47.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had no option was in the office.... :pissed:

Needed admin rights to install firefox.... which is the first thing I do on evry comp that I use...

just install it to c:\windows\temp, since EVERYONE has permission to use that folder. unless, of course, the install has a privelage check ;)

just install it to c:\windows\temp, since EVERYONE has permission to use that folder. unless, of course, the install has a privelage check ;)

the install has a privelage check :pissed:

Would figure a way soon to outsmart the IT...... matter of time.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
SliverSamuel

Always firefox for me. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Ok here the thing with firefox, I would like it if you could here sounds on sites. Like on IE you here the background sound to ALL sites. but for FF you have to get all this plugin BS...Also not all download servers go good with FF, I have alot of trouble downloading from sites that say DONT USE DOWNLOAD MANAGER, ugh.

I chose firfox, I am using IE right now because firfix crashes everytime I have it set as my default browser and I need to format my computer anyways so I am not going to bother fixing it. I have been using firfox for about a year now, and I must say it grew on me. At first I hated it, but then I just got use to it.

IE 7 is ok

Avant Browser didnt even make your list... Thats what I use all the time.

Avant browser is a build on top of IE that lets you have tabs (even with IE 6) and lets you control many aspects of the program IE doesnt. I would use firefox but the doggone thing never connects to the update servers right.

• 2 weeks later...

I use both Maxthon and Opera. They are equally the fastest browsers when it comes to loading up pages :P. But I use Opera for effective speed through previous and present websites and pages. It rather cleverly seems to store the memory of present and previous websites, pages and loads them up quick sharp :blink: . Clearly no other browser does that :o. On the contrary... it's hardly rocket science, just that all other browser devolopers wish not to let users of the net have such a key part of what makes a good broswer :P.

Yet, I do wish they implimented some ad-blocking features in the browser options. It's clear many a 56k user would be delighted with using an Opera broswer, seeing it's effectivness in browsing past and present pages. On the issue of browsers, Firefox had more security flaws than IE last month, or so I've read on various tech sites. Still though, I think IE is rather shit full stop due to it having no pop-up blocker or ad removle.

• 4 months later...

I use FireFox, Opera, IE6

Guest klausindeed

Hooray for Opera!

In the next Opera they will be implementing an ad-blocker and alot more stuff if I am not mistaken.

I used FireFox for a long time before Opera became free and I won't be looking back because FireFox is to slow.

Archived