Securing my ROM

Toshiro

Hi guys,

I've got an issue over here.

I need to burn a dvd/cd for my sister. It's something a friend of her made.. (sort of a program to teach the kids arabic :P )

Well, he wanted to have his cd/dvd secured. So someone can start the program, but he/she can't copy it from the cd/dvd.

I've searched google, but didn't find anything i want :unsure:

Someone with an idea?

• Replies 7
  • Views 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Want personal DRM? :P

The person can open it and run everything on it.. but can't copy the content from the cd/dvd.. :P

Something easy, cause it's for some parents and their kids.. and most don't know how to rip a secured cd/dvd :P

• Administrator

Cmon no CD-ROM in the world can be copied(Xerox). :P

Try taking the original media ( as long as its not converted for burn ) and go to the Properties of the files..( or the Tags for it, you can't change this setting on burned media because you can't write to the disc ) You can then ( should ) be able to change the media Copy Protection line from NO to Yes then see if that does it.. You may also be able to enable this with your burning software.. in the Settings.. for the burn.. or when its finally encoding takes place..

Ultimately though it can probably be ripped...one way or the other.. Odd that he would want something he is sharing to be Copy Protected..

I wish I had more specifics but it has been so long since I did any burning like this..

heath , thnx.. You might know a burning program with such an option? Or is this something like a standard thing?

Btw, that friend has made the program himself, all the pictures are handmade and the sound/music too..he is going to sell it for 10 bucks to the parents. That funding will go to the club activities

Edt: someting like freelock?

This page has some programs.. unfortunately ( without looking farther ) most of these are for large scale and business applications which can get highly customizable and expensive.

I wish I could remember but I used to have a program that I used which could Copy Protect disks.. but I don't have it anymore and I used Nero 8 ... so I looked in the settings and found nothing about it.. I will have to look some more..

Trying SourceForge next for something free.. LOL

EDIT: Being that this is a program, then we are looking at something entirely different from just Media ...

EDIT2: Check this out.. http://www.webtoolmaster.com/wtm_e.htm

Archived