Need suggestions for best driver updater

ashish1989

As the topic says, need suggestions for the best driver updater

Which can download drivers with full speed and we can easily access the download location too

13 hours ago, Threepwood said:

Snappy Driver Installer Origin

https://www.snappy-driver-installer.org/

Its usage is very typical, I tried it earlier, but looks very complicated

Even thou I use SDI...And for years now...I still would like someone to tell me why I have to down load 26208MB(26GB) every time there is an update??? Why doesn't it just detect what is new??? If it can do that how do you do that? I open program..I click at top where it says 52 driver packs.....I select all from the generated list including indexes...And the size is around 26GB every time?????? I would love to talk to the developer with this simple question and get an answer after doing this for years now.

• 2 weeks later...

1st step: click on "Download Indexes Only" (ca. 20 MB)

2022-01-26_172625.png.ce84a43bad3afd26febf0746473b135c.png

2nd step: select the drivers you want to install

103381532_2022-01-26_172949ed.thumb.png.491b841111d90ebb9bf5c103a89baae9.png

3rd step: click on install in the red box on the left.

-->done :-)

I won't update my Bluetooth drivers because I had many problems in the past after updating them.

It's often better to use the drivers from the OEM of your hardware. I only use SDIO when the OEM doesn't provide the needed drivers. (Or I just couldn't find them because they were hidden too well... :-))

@uffbros By selecting "Download Indexes Only" SDIO just shows the available drivers for your system in SDIO. This is the suggested way if you don't want to update the drivers of many different systems via a USB thumb drive containing the complete driver pack.

Edited by Threepwood

But I do update many systems but there can't be 26GB of new drivers every time? See what I'm getting at? Why doesn't it just download whats newer that what I already have?

Is it really necessary to constantly update your drivers? If some hardware isn't working as it should updating makes sense but if everything is working fine I wouldn't recommend updating your drivers at all. But it's your choice of course. 

Like I said..I work on many peoples computers and a lot of times after the install I still need drivers that Windows doesn't have....SDI has them...This is why I pursue the question of why 26GB download every few weeks when they have an update.