WIN 2k3

implague

Hi friends,

i need you guys help . i'm having some issues while configuring exchange so i need to confirm some concepts.

Scenario: I'm having a domain abc.local(its an eg:) and that is configured in 2k3 std sp2 edition. now the company have a pop3 mail hosting so now they want all that mails to be collaborated in exchange , for that we need to keep an SBS 2k3 std edition ( because only sbs have the pop3 connector so that we can download mails from pop3 mail hosters).

Issue: In abc.local an accident schema update was done ( with exch std sp2) but exchange was not installed. now when we perform SBS Installation the schema is not getting updated, hence exchange installation is not able to complete.

Process: The 2k3 std sp2 was the dc in abc.local afetr installing sbs i made sbs as master of FSMO roles. so tht now schema master is sbs. and the dc as adc.

Now my query is ...

1. Is schema is generated from the present OS

2. How can i remove exchange attributes from schema

(note: dont tell me to use /removeorg, bcos that is not gonna wrk and either adsiedit is not able to remove , because of schema ver mismatch)

3.Is there any other way that i can install exchange without synchroninsing schema from ADC

If any one could help or any suggestion it will be very helpful for me.

Thanks and Regards

• Views 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived