nood32 antivirus alternative

helen
Go to solution Solved by SolidSmoke,

I have NOD32 Antivirus 15:0_21:0 (with trial reset :D ) on my notebook win 7 3 gb ram and netboo win 7  2 gb ram but I noticed sometimes  crash (google chriome) and both computer are realy very slow

I olso found a file running eguiProxy.exe (i searched on internet is part of nod32 security !!! but I only use antivirus!!) mybe is that that will slow my cmputer?

So I have my computers realy slow.

I cant finde a "goog alternativ" antivirusthat will cover olso email protection (with a trial reset wil be 100% super) any suggest?

Thank's

31 minutes ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

Actually you use already the best AV NOD32, the others I think use even more RAM and CPU load.
So maybe better think about laptops made after WW2. ;) 

I cant change notebook and netbook for antivirus maybe it is cheaper to change antivirus :D

I buy an NOD32 AV licence for 3 year, then you pay apprpx USD25 for each year and no problem at all

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, steinom said:

I buy an NOD32 AV licence for 3 year, then you pay apprpx USD25 for each year and no problem at all

o I just asket a questin and I wrote extaely why I have prblems.NOD32 v5 was the best (no  eguiProxy.exe so sure was only antivirus insteal now I think is a sort of "mix"

Other sugget i DONT ASK OR NEED  

Israeli_Eagle
4 hours ago, helen said:

I cant change notebook and netbook for antivirus maybe it is cheaper to change antivirus :D

A time machine costs for sure much more for using extreme ancient hardware. :lmao:

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

I would suggest looking at the processes and services and disable those you dont need..

on my ancient computer.. as in based on my bios of 2009 for the GPU onboard.. which is not updatable

also assuming your running win7 32bit based on how much memory you have 3gb and 2gb..

I have eset latest running and currently the proxy is using 0 cpu as is the main app..

Chrome is out of date now as the latest will only  run on a min win8 or above.

3 hours ago, helen said:

o I just asket a questin and I wrote extaely why I have prblems.NOD32 v5 was the best (no  eguiProxy.exe so sure was only antivirus insteal now I think is a sort of "mix"

Other sugget i DONT ASK OR NEED  

If v15 is responsible for your computer to be slow, what about removing it and using v5 instead?

What is making the av: its engine or the updated base? Not sure about this.

Israeli_Eagle
1 hour ago, Radpop said:

WiseVector StopX runs in XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and 11. It comes with firewall and comprehensive real time protection and is lighter than noob32.

https://www.wisevector.com/en/

Not tested by me, but maybe sometimes I try it in my XP which now runs with 360 TS.

... if you not care about any privacy. :whistle:

China-spying.jpg.a6884d6aeb4697816fd32d05233ca1e6.jpg

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

17 hours ago, mp68terr said:

If v15 is responsible for your computer to be slow, what about removing it and using v5 instead?

What is making the av: its engine or the updated base? Not sure about this.

I agree with u  I was using v5 but dosent work anymore (I tryied the fix file and ols the trial reset) I this nod32 n v5 have disabled the check servers or sure that olso if they send my the trila name user (they just send me the pasword but not the user...Just is ipossibl t use the v5 

Israeli_Eagle
35 minutes ago, psyko666 said:

Very bad AV solution, don't use it!

Actually... Any retro hardware with ancient software should never be online! :coolwink:

Because an extreme old AV would also only prevent ancient virus & malware.

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

19 hours ago, helen said:

I agree with u  I was using v5 but dosent work anymore (I tryied the fix file and ols the trial reset) I this nod32 n v5 have disabled the check servers or sure that olso if they send my the trila name user (they just send me the pasword but not the user...Just is ipossibl t use the v5 

ESET Antivirus/Smart Security v5 still works fine with BOX MARA FIX - fix plus picture guide:

Site: https://krakenfiles.com

Sharecode: /view/pjIt0J42bK/file.html

Tested on version 4-7....

51 minutes ago, Jojco83 said:

ESET Antivirus/Smart Security v5 still works fine with BOX MARA FIX - fix plus picture guide:

Site: https://krakenfiles.com

Sharecode: /view/pjIt0J42bK/file.html

Tested on version 4-7....

I also tried marafix and with nod32 it doesn't work. I tried without fix only with the trial but it tells me invalid user paswrd. Then I saw that the server option nn was activated I also tested by activating the server option. trial period trial I gave an email and esete only sends me the password but not the user

Now I will search for nod32 7 (thank's) 

PS:Maybe I found why..the fix is not for nd32 antivirus but nod32 security :)

Edited by helen

21 hours ago, psyko666 said:

Very bad AV solution, don't use it!

Considering the old hardware and based on system load (which what the user asking about) I still think she should consider it.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:55 AM, westrt said:

i use MSAV for win 7 and is good

MSAV is (Micrsoft antivirus or...?)

Yesrsterdaay I tryied the nod 32 antivirus 8 but after a few download was upgraded at the last version (nod 15) Problem is that if  have not upgrade hardware of my notebok/netbook but the antivirus will upgrade and will be more heavy that will slow the hardware so solutions are :

1) I must finde a good alternative 

2) I must finde how to lock the upgrade (that is not so usefull why if the antivirus data is the same,if the nd32 is the same then is ll ok tecnology or not tecnlogy remaing an antivirus ugrade !

3 hours ago, helen said:

2) I must finde how to lock the upgrade (that is not so usefull why if the antivirus data is the same,if the nd32 is the same then is ll ok tecnology or not tecnlogy remaing an antivirus ugrade !

I can help with that. Though you are using an older version. Which doesn't help us much. With the newer versions of Eset you can disable program updates this way:

NOv6dna.jpg

From the main GUI click first on "setup". Then click on "advanced setup" bottom right of the window. Go back to the left panel and click on "update". On the right panel click "My profile" and then click "updates".

Disable the indicated function.

Check also the "Scheduler". Click on "tools" in left panel and then "more tools" bottom right. From there click on "Scheduler" and check if you have an automatic entry that updates the program and delete it.

This info comes from an Eset Internet Security GUI latest version. So chances are things will be slightly different for you but you have the info needed to stop the program from updating to the next version.

Edited by lurch234

42 minutes ago, lurch234 said:

I can help with that. Though you are using an older version. Which doesn't help us much. With the newer versions of Eset you can disable program updates this way:

NOv6dna.jpg

From the main GUI click first on "setup". Then click on "advanced setup" bottom right of the window. Go back to the left panel and click on "update". On the right panel click "My profile" and then click "updates".

Disable the indicated function.

Check also the "Scheduler". Click on "tools" in left panel and then "more tools" bottom right. From there click on "Scheduler" and check if you have an automatic entry that updates the program and delete it.

This info comes from an Eset Internet Security GUI latest version. So chances are things will be slightly different for you but you have the info needed to stop the program from updating to the next version.

i dont think I  got that option disable and I get update from v15.0.18 to v15.0.21

Israeli_Eagle
24 minutes ago, helen said:

i dont think I  got that option disable and I get update from v15.0.18 to v15.0.21

"This setting has no effect on security and stability updates"

And who wants ever stay on older & damaged versions?? Is that a new religion? ;)