Site Displaying Animation

dabourzannan
Go to solution Solved by Matt,

It took my 15 minutes just to re find this thread, from seeing it yesterday, with the new update, a challenge. I was hoping for information to understand the update.

I've looked & searched around. It would be nice to have a link to where it is explained the necessities of the change.

On 12/15/2021 at 7:18 PM, dabourzannan said:

I hope the admin team will consider going back to the way the site used to load instead of  loading topics one by one as we scroll down.

I've tried to think, but still to no avail ...
Honestly, it would be nice to understand what you want or what you're talking about.
But maybe that's the problem with my old head.

Have you considered changing your theme to one of IPS's?

It might help solving your issue, plus reducing resources' consumption on your PC greatly.

• Administrator

@dabourzannan: I checked some settings. There is no lazy loading enabled on our forums - atleast from what I can see. Also, I cannot exactly understand what you are referring to.

1 hour ago, DLord said:

Have you considered changing your theme to one of IPS's?

It might help solving your issue, plus reducing resources' consumption on your PC greatly.

Agreed. Please switch the theme to IPS Default or similar and see. The settings for changing the theme can be found below any page of the forums here.

• Matt changed the title to Site Displaying Animation
2 hours ago, Matt said:

@DKT27 [...] Anyway, I have disabled that setting in the theme. 

Just a reminder a lot of people don't allow the JavaScript ("uBlock Origin", "NoScript", "uMatrix", "Request Control" etc etc etc) for their own security and privacy.

That's why this setting must remain disable ! Because the people could believe there is :

• bug somewhere after the forum update (don't forget to publish the changelog or announce when you decide to upgrade the IPS)
  • nothing inside each section (the loading can't work and that's explain why almost everything wasn't visible yesterday).

By the way, you must keep in your memory these facts :

• How many years ? A huge number of people don't change their PC until a long period (several years = old CPU etc)
  • It can be done by the CSS ? From my point of view too, you must replace the JavaScript when it's possible for real (overflow RAM).

8 hours ago, DKT27 said:

@dabourzannan: I checked some settings. There is no lazy loading enabled on our forums - atleast from what I can see. Also, I cannot exactly understand what you are referring to.

Agreed. Please switch the theme to IPS Default or similar and see. The settings for changing the theme can be found below any page of the forums here.

Yes fixed, thank you - IPS Default :clap:

Greatly appreciate the responses from our community especially the ones from the Admin team @DKT27 and @Matt and the quick responce.
Thanks guys and may all of you and your loved ones have a Merry Christmas and Happy and successful new year.

• Like 2