[REQ] Presentation subject..

Toshiro

Sup guys,

It's time for a presentation, YAAY!!! <_<

Yep, for English the students have to do a presentation about something.

The thing is, in Holland you have 'Profiles' coming with your study. Nature & Health/Technology and Some Economics/Culture/Society..(everything else :P ) shit..

Well, I'm from the Nature & Health/Tech direction. And I wouldn't have a problem finding a decent subject about this.

But my English teacher is a dickhead, so we have to do a presentation about your opposite direction. Something that's not about Nature & Health/Technology.

That's where I need ur help.. My brains won't help me with this.. :fear:

Does any of you know a subject related to Economics/Culture/Society. (You can choose everything, even a movie or a painting.. (movie = to short for me))

The presentation has to be at least 10 minutes.

Cheers,

H;

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dickhead- the teacher, evolution? :sneaky:

on a serious note:

Evolving economic crisis and future cultural impact...

• something about long and fluffy hair; flashy cars; easy women in 80's
  • progression... many societies degradation due to the facts economic wealth
  • terrorism/ pretend "terrorism" /exploitation of- cultural impact
  • Changes of views in recent history to different cultures/values
  • Economic crisis reasons, effects it does have on local communities an on and on....

LOL..

• Rave Scene :P
  • The Roman Empire
  • Equilibrium - The Movie.. good I thought
  • Art - I could go on forever and good sources would be Devianart.com - but then it could be left up for interpretation - and it can depend on what line your willing to cross... Sign of humanity and its outpour for the beauty of something that is being killed or beat down in society - driven by an Economic drive which leans on and bends perspective...
  • The United States of America - bad part is you would probably have to be here and aware of the broader scope since 1990's or so..
  • The movement in the 60's and 70's and how that effects awareness today..Positive and negative.. and the many sub-cultural impacts it has today including separate communities that operate on a system outside of the norm..
  • Economic standing vs. Discrimination/All types vs. Success vs. Stereo-typical Profiling vs. Societal Perspective Impact and the creation of subcultural belief systems which shape our environment today vs. Standard of living and advancement today - This would be your Thesis.. indepth kind of thing.. don't think thats what your looking for because of its far reaching implications, controversial nature.. and the fact that it could be met with an insurmountable number of retorts.. ( Oh wait yeah proving your point .. LOL )
  • One that covers it all THE CHURCH.. I dunno pick one ( Italy, Roman Catholic ) need I say more The DaVinci Code, Angels and Demons, Factual happenings throughout history.. ( not saying the movies are real put lay on real events and we have a fire..also true of religious impact around the globe and its involvement..
  • Anime, one of your favorite subjects.. Economics, viewing, jobs, sales generated, - Culture, tell me you haven't seen people in costume.. and even acting as though they are characters ( could be another problem too ) - Society, hours spent watching changes in habits, value places in relationships, fetishes ( could be a culture ), psychological development.. I dunno.. I see it folding back on itself.. for fear of you saying something bad about it.. but there are points to be noticed in what can be brought to light..
    Top it off with media...economically it can govern spending, and make huge impacts on its own as a standalone entity; cultural divides caused by both information, disinformation, entertainment, emotional compensation/effect and perspective, changes brought on by the presentation of that media, and decisions being made based upon it; which in effect changes our society its infrastructure and impacts our futures, our progression as a human race... Even our psychological development.. and ability to achieve..

Dunno could work.. :)

EDIT: 2 inspirational.. would be an example of Demographics and Marketing...

Last thought is Economics = Outsourcing mining and jobs to third world countries ( slave labor, computer disposal ) Impact on Culture =... that these elements would cause..there; Society = how that effects the general morality of Society in the country for which these services are produced.. and how that effects the Society in the world in which they are performed ( God/Master/Slave )

COUNTLESS points throughout the world.. a thousand and one movies and documentaries about them..art like you would not believe.. ( but you have to have real meat in the essence of the point as its presented )

Ohh guys.. some really good subject you have posted.

Thanks alot! I'll have to pick one :P

Pick a quote and explain what it means to you.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something.

Why do you try to fit in when you are born to stand out?

When someone says they don't care it means they care very much.

When you meet a stranger, give them a smile. It may be the only sunshine they see all day.

Wars are where old men talk and young men die.

Violence isn't the answer, but it's a bloody good guess.

To care for things when others don't care, that's what makes you human.

Treat a person as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat him as he could be, and he will become what he should be.

I am not afraid of death. It is the dying part that kills me.

It sucks to be me!

Five out of four people have problems with fractions.

I like this one but not in the list..

' You can lead a horse to water, suck on its butt hole and still can't make it drink. '

I laugh every time I read it..

Ethics.

The teacher also looks how other students respond to my presentation + If I choose something about ethics, i'm gonna talk too much.. 10 mins wont be enough :P

I thought about the gangs in for example USA.. was thinking something about MS13. How did it start, how did it evolve to such a big gang and how does the society respond to them. (and more)

I could do it about gangs in general, but if I choose MS13 (or any other, if you got one.. plz tell me :) ) I'll have a lot of info/pics to tell/show. :)

Whatcha guys think about it?

Thnx for the tips btw :)

TheTwilightZone

Our teacher insisted that the subject has to be a person relating to culture/economics/society, so i chose Dave Chapelle :sneaky:

Just choose something simple to rattle on about for 8-9 min and you're fine. Our's has to be 10 minutes max!

Oh and BTW...

"But my English teacher is a dickhead" I hear ya :P

I like this one but not in the list..

' You can lead a horse to water, suck on its butt hole and still can't make it drink. '

I laugh every time I read it..

now that u mentioned it.. i think box is a funny lad :hehe: butt hole :hehe:

Hmm.. A subject related to culture eh?

Why not choose an interesting city or country?

How about Spain, or perhaps Barcalona, big chance you've been there :rolleyes:

Hmm.. A subject related to culture eh?

Why not choose an interesting city or country?

How about Spain, or perhaps Barcalona, big chance you've been there :rolleyes:

No I never been to Barca :o

haha, big change I know you.. :lol:

Archived