ESET Smart Security 4.2.35.0

jalaffa

• Replies 51
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If using MiNodLogin 3.7.5.1 do not forget to Disable --» ESET Self Defense before 1st manual update and when done ( the update ), enable again --» Self Defense.

Cheers

Jofre

If using MiNodLogin 3.7.5.1 do not forget to Disable --» ESET Self Defense before 1st manual update and when done ( the update ), enable again --» Self Defense.

Cheers

Jofre

Jofre is this the same for nodenabler as it won't insert the license files?

What Business Edition different from the regular version?

Business editions allows you to use the Remote Administrator to scan and update other machines and/or installations on your network.. and of course to do other things but basically an easy tool to take care of your Network..

Sorry for the double post but I keep getting an error when trying to reinstall ESS? anybody have any suggestions..

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.. its been so long since I updated .. when I uninstalled I used the Control Panel.. They say to NEVER use it at ESET, I even tried to get a legit license.. but all I get is a blank page at ESET, so when I couldn't uninstall it I used BartPE and erased every sign of ESET.. and cleaned the registry.. BUT,, when I tried to install I recieved a 2537 error on the installer package.. So I had to get the ESET Uninstaller tool and boot into Safe Mode and manually remove it using the CMD Prompt..

So we are back in business and all is well... Except the issue at the site.. which is odd..

Sorry for the double post but I keep getting an error when trying to reinstall ESS? anybody have any suggestions..

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.. its been so long since I updated .. when I uninstalled I used the Control Panel.. They say to NEVER use it at ESET, I even tried to get a legit license.. but all I get is a blank page at ESET, so when I couldn't uninstall it I used BartPE and erased every sign of ESET.. and cleaned the registry.. BUT,, when I tried to install I recieved a 2537 error on the installer package.. So I had to get the ESET Uninstaller tool and boot into Safe Mode and manually remove it using the CMD Prompt..

So we are back in business and all is well... Except the issue at the site.. which is odd..

i still dont understand how to uninstall it not using the control panel...can u explain in more detail...i have windows 7 32 bit if that helps...

:) Start ---->> all Programs ---->> ESET ---->> Uninstall :)

its weird...even after uninstalling it that way i still get the firewall initialization failed error...wut else could i do

its weird...even after uninstalling it that way i still get the firewall initialization failed error...wut else could i do

Here's the solution:-

01.) Disable 'Self-defence' by un-checking it under 'Advanced Settings'

02.) Reboot (this is important)

03.) Uninstall existing version through . . . . . Start ---->> All Programs ---->> ESET ---->> Uninstall

04.) Install the new version

05.) Re-enable 'Self-defence' by checking it under 'Advanced Settings'

Sl@pSh0ck™

@maxima2k53

This should help eset kb ... just look for your OS and follow the instructions.

There's a serious bug in the latest version 4.2.35 of ESS that's been observed to affect mostly Users of Windows Se7en & Vista

Check the following link:-

Sl@pSh0ck™

well all the fixes u guys told me to do didnt work so i just installed eav

did you try to do the manual uninstall in the link I given you?

did you try to do the manual uninstall in the link I given you?

yes...and nothing worked...but thanks anyways for helping out :)

Thats is odd.. I bet the answer to this would be simple...

Did you upgrade your OS from Vista or from any other OS? Usually the manual uninstall is like the ultimate removal tool..LOL.. Coudl try the way I did if you really want ESS..

Thats is odd.. I bet the answer to this would be simple...

Did you upgrade your OS from Vista or from any other OS? Usually the manual uninstall is like the ultimate removal tool..LOL.. Coudl try the way I did if you really want ESS..

i did update my laptop from vista to 7 a while ago....but ess worked flawlessly in 4.0 just updating to 4.2 gave this problem

Go to your Program Files Folder for ESET.. pick one of the files in the folder and see if any of the owners/names on the Security Tab have a red exclamation mark or question mark on them.. Particularly ekrnEpfw.dll.. if its there..

EDIT: Or anything that starts with an S-blah - blah ..

EDIT2: Not sure if this page has been brought up.. but it has to be followed in detail and will not work unless you boot into Safe Mode..

Just 3 things, to say to you:-

01.) Thanks for reporting back (shall look for alternatives even though my fix worked for others.) :)

02.) Sorry, it didn't work for you and :(

03.) Congrats, (guess why. . . . . . . . . ?) B)

Machiavelli7

I installed ESET Smart Security 4.2.35.0 x64 and used box mara-fix 1.3. Seems to work ok, i have already updated the signature database. There's no trial watermark or else, but under the tab "Protection Status" it says "Purchase full version" and "Upgrade to full version" and i was wondering if this is normal. Is this fully cracked and should i not worry about the activation??? Im running windows 7 professional x64.

• Administrator

Hover around the ESET tray icon. If it says Virus Database: Open windows to see(or similar). Then it's fixed. ;)

Machiavelli7

Hover around the ESET tray icon. If it says Virus Database: Open windows to see(or similar). Then it's fixed. ;)

Yes, it says "Virus signature database: open window for status". I'm asking this, cause i bought my girl a notebook and i want a precracked antivirus, that doesn't need activation keys every week, cause she's a little bit of noob regarding pc's. So i'm good, i mean she's good, how long do u think it will last this fix?

• Administrator

Hover around the ESET tray icon. If it says Virus Database: Open windows to see(or similar). Then it's fixed. wink.gif

Yes, it says "Virus signature database: open window for status". I'm asking this, cause i bought my girl a notebook and i want a precracked antivirus, that doesn't need activation keys every week, cause she's a little bit of noob regarding pc's. So i'm good, i mean she's good, how long do u think it will last this fix?

If it says: Virus signature database: open window for status. It's fixed. ;)

If you have applied box, mara- fix v1.3. The fix will stay forever.

Unless you wanna upgrade to the latest version, that's not released everyday. Hardly 6 months or even a year. When you wanna upgrade. Unfix it. Uninstall ESET(ESET guys recommend it). And Install the new version. Re-fix.

I'm sure she wont have any problems with it. ;)

BTW you can also try Avast! Free. :)

Guys, I updated to the ESS 4.2 version while using box, mara-fix 1.3. Well, I'm just wondering what appeared in the bottom line:

A ID="252" TYPE="SERVICE"

esstg.png

Is this some kind of a known issue or just an odd bug which should be resolved by playing around reinstalling and stuff?

Machiavelli7

Hover around the ESET tray icon. If it says Virus Database: Open windows to see(or similar). Then it's fixed. wink.gif

If it says: Virus signature database: open window for status. It's fixed. ;)

If you have applied box, mara- fix v1.3. The fix will stay forever.

Unless you wanna upgrade to the latest version, that's not released everyday. Hardly 6 months or even a year. When you wanna upgrade. Unfix it. Uninstall ESET(ESET guys recommend it). And Install the new version. Re-fix.

I'm sure she wont have any problems with it. ;)

BTW you can also try Avast! Free. :)

Thanks, man but i think there will be no big difference between this version and a new one in the future, 4.5 or something, so i'll stick with this for a long time before i try something else. I know about Avast Free, but i think Eset Smart Security should be more efficient, don't u think :)

Archived