Just switched to Comodo Firewall...

Jamesm

So i switched from Outpost to Comodo as I was reading a lot of good things about it on these forums. I have to say I like it a lot more, it's a lot more informative at first glance.

Anyhow, after installing it I restarted my computer and It found TWO new networks. One was my router/lan network 192.168.1.104 which is normal, and the other was an IP I've never seen before... I forget it now, but If I re-install comodo it will tell me again. How can I find this second network I'm supposedly connected to? I don't see an option to view connected networks from within comodo, and my windows networking control panel only shows the one proper lan network.

EDIT:

Could it just be the DNS for my ISP?

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess ,,you are connecting via LAN first to a control server of your ISP and then thru this central server to the internet ...

open up the comodo window , click on the firewall , n then click on the my 'My Network Zones' .

see , what does it reports ...

• Administrator

First what version of Comodo did you try? I would advice you to stay away from v4 and try v3.

v4 is still buggy, one of the most buggiest software I've used. v3 is great. ^_^

About that address, do you have any bluetooth/USB or similar device that is used for internet installed?

also, in COMODO (older version) I remember having similar issues and monitoring already secured inbound connections ie P2P (.torr)... just added the rules for exceptions

i guess ,,you are connecting via LAN first to a control server of your ISP and then thru this central server to the internet ...

open up the comodo window , click on the firewall , n then click on the my 'My Network Zones' .

see , what does it reports ...

I do not see that in there. I'm using the newest version right off the main page of Nsane.

@jamesm:

I recommend using v3 of COMODO instead of v4.

I believe the new version was rushed.

About My Network Zones, I believe you can only see it in v3.

2rh4a55.png

COMODO > Firewall > My Network Zones

dont use the latest V4 .

its still buggy.

go for V3 .

its stable and no bugs .

under my network zones in firewall tab ,

it will show you you all the networks you are connected to ,,,

LAN ,

VPN ,

or any other ...

Archived