Can't convert video

Diego T.

Hello everyone!!!

I have 10 of these video files on ASF format. They are from 2008 very low quality and I am interested in converting them into a 1 single mp4 or other user friendly format. I have been trying with Wondershare Univconverter but for some reason it gets stuck or the converstion fails.

Any other suggestions?

I have linked 1 video for anyone to test and see whats the problem.

Thank you.

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode [?]: /files/13621706/ArminOnly-2008.Part02.asf.html

Dowloaded and converted your file using Wondershare Uniconverter successfully.Just give it a minute or 2 then the converter will convert it in about a minute,very fast.Good Luck.

Israeli_Eagle

Hmmm... Then I also have no clue anymore, the original clip looks then very damaged.

But you can also try this, sometimes miracles can happen. ;)

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

Try the DivX converter, it worked on your file converting to mkv. You can combine files with it and there are numerous output formats as well.

I use it a lot,

Hope this helps.

Link for the converter?   Found the divx.com converter but my antivirus jumps with the installer.

Spoiler

Edited by Diego T.

1 hour ago, ducky88 said:

I have been using DivX converter for years with no virus issues, in my humble opinion it is safe.

OMG you are my Hero!!!! Thank you!!!      Hold your horses!!!!! The video converts and plays but the audio is lost of is out of sync in some videos 😭 I used the mp4 for iPhone settings.

Edited by Diego T.
partially solved.

I am not a video expert. Don't know what to say, I used the PLUS HD setting a MKV H264 conversion and the audio is also out of sync, I did not play the whole file earlier so did not notice. I then played your ASF file (which Google tells me is the preferred Windows Media file format) with Windows Media Player and find that the original is out of sync. Have you played this video with any player where it is in sync?

My bad, the original asf file is in sync when played in windows media player.

I will try a few things and see if I can figure something out for you.

16 hours ago, Diego T. said:

Same issue, the final video file gets stuck playing after the 1min mark.

It's really strange to end up with a corrupted video after conversion!  Make sure your original video (ASF) is not corrupted in the first place.

Also you may try to repair the converted file (MP4) with some video repairing software like Wondershare Repairit Video Repair software.

P.S.  Make sure that the problem is not due to your video player/codec.

I tried many settings on the the DivX converter with no luck but while researching the sync problem I stumbled upon HandBrake a free open-source transcoder for digital video and tried it on your file. There was an error detected at the end of the process but I played the new file anyway and it appears in sync. I have zero experience with the HandBrake app but was encouraged by the result, you may want to play around with it. Might have possibilities for you.

• Like 2