your uninstaller fails to install

majithia23

how you all doing techies !!

ok ,

i have been using revo uninstaller for quite some time now and just wanted to try some other program .

downloaded your uninstaller ,

but it is failing to install on my laptop ...

see the capture post-24436-126821271627_thumb.jpg,

now what could be the problem ???

any idea ???

thanks ..

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...I would suggest to exit Active AV and make sure, that Windows defender isn't blocking it. If if does/did- allow obviously and run again

Sl@pSh0ck™

Have you had youruninstaller on your pc before? what is your antivirus?

your using vista right? make sure that all your drivers are up to date. Also make sure you have no corrupted system file, do sfc /scannow to be sure.

...I would suggest to exit Active AV and make sure, that Windows defender isn't blocking it. If if does/did- allow obviously and run again

Have you had youruninstaller on your pc before? what is your antivirus?

your using vista right? make sure that all your drivers are up to date. Also make sure you have no corrupted system file, do sfc /scannow to be sure.

well ,i dont use defender .

its permanently turned off ...

yes its vista x86 .

never had your uninstaller before .

right now m using nod32 .

i did a complete chck disc only 2 days back , no corrupt files , i hope so ...

drivers should be up to date ..

never had a problem , with any other installations i hv done in the past few days ...

i ll turn off the AV and then try ,,,,

lets see ...

no luck .

turned off the AV ,

but it dint install .

same error !

any ideas ??

Sl@pSh0ck™

turn off any other 3rd party running processes on your pc before installing. Or install it on safe mode.

or try to get automated tool like IOBIT Total security care and let errors to be corrected...

ANW- Your uninstaller is not that great product to sweat over, if some version is corrupt in some or other way. wait little to get the new one or try alternatives

Two things to put on the Installer.exe or MSI or w/e.. ( thats assuming you haven't done this already )

Right Click go to Properties..The Change Settings for all users.. in the Compatibility Tab.. then set it for Windows XP SP3( or SP2 .. ) and Run as Administrator.. Click Apply, Apply or OK on the main one and try again..

If its not working then its either not able to install on your System or compatible..

Nah man, it's an UNinstaller, it's not supposed to install :P (Just kidding :rolleyes: I have no idea, sorry)

Sl@pSh0ck™

Nah man, it's an UNinstaller, it's not supposed to install :P (Just kidding :rolleyes: I have no idea, sorry)

told you stop doing drugs man laugh.gif

turn off any other 3rd party running processes on your pc before installing. Or install it on safe mode.

or try to get automated tool like IOBIT Total security care and let errors to be corrected...

ANW- Your uninstaller is not that great product to sweat over, if some version is corrupt in some or other way. wait little to get the new one or try alternatives

Two things to put on the Installer.exe or MSI or w/e.. ( thats assuming you haven't done this already )

Right Click go to Properties..The Change Settings for all users.. in the Compatibility Tab.. then set it for Windows XP SP3( or SP2 .. ) and Run as Administrator.. Click Apply, Apply or OK on the main one and try again..

If its not working then its either not able to install on your System or compatible..

yeah heath did that too ,

but same error .

damn vista :angry:

u guys right .

no need to sweat over this one program when i got better things to do ( i just forgot , i had my exams coming up :P )

@shought

u r right ,well it is doing its job ,, not installing , !!! :lol:

ANW, which uninstaller do you guys use or prefer ,??

Sl@pSh0ck™

Revo uninstaller ... I use it not just for uninstalling but also for installing apps :dance2:

LOL.. Its called Programs and Features.. in the Control Panel.. when t doesn't work to my liking I use Eraser from Heidi Computing .. to shred them up to 35 times over...using several different methods.. and then I clean my registry...

I only have problems with programs not ready for Windows 7 ..

I get a déjà vu feeling about this. Did you have Revo Uninstaller installed with the not working TR for it? That caused problems like you describe.

I fell in love :wub: with Your Uninstaller and then flirted :rockon: with Revo Uninstaller before consenting to marry :hug: Total Uninstall PRO :sneaky:

addendum:-

Didn't reply to this thread since I was aware you were migrating from Vista to Windows se7en. If you'd prefer not to divorce Your Uninstaller, I'll definitely post here how to win her back. :coolwink:

I get a déjà vu feeling about this. Did you have Revo Uninstaller installed with the not working TR for it? That caused problems like you describe.

I fell in love :wub: with Your Uninstaller and then flirted :rockon: with Revo Uninstaller before consenting to marry :hug: Total Uninstall PRO :sneaky:

addendum:-

Didn't reply to this thread since I was aware you were migrating from Vista to Windows se7en. If you'd prefer not to divorce Your Uninstaller, I'll definitely post here how to win her back. :coolwink:

@jalaffa

yes u r probably right .:dance2:

revo is installed , rght now ....

so that must be conflicting with this uninstaller ....

Q.E.D.

@dcs

hell i m on vista dude ,,,,

even if i want to flirt with any , no one gives me even a look .

everyone is permanently divorced with vista !!! :lol:

i ll just let everything as it is , else it would start a new confict ...... :lol:

@ majithia23

I mean - there were a specific problem reported by users of an early box Trial-Reset for Revo Uninstaller that kind of coincide with your problem. You would need to have that TR deactivated.

• Administrator

Hmm. Now I remember. What is the version of TR you are using for Revo? Use the latest TR.

Here it is:

v1.2

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode: /?mizhaeymumn

This is the latest that I know of. :unsure:

@ majithia23

I mean - there were a specific problem reported by users of an early box Trial-Reset for Revo Uninstaller that kind of coincide with your problem. You would need to have that TR deactivated.

Hmm. Now I remember. What is the version of TR you are using for Revo? Use the latest TR.

Here it is:

v1.2

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode: /?mizhaeymumn

This is the latest that I know of. :unsure:

hmmm...

yes this is the TR , i m using .

must be the same problem .

i just erased every last bit of YI .

dont want to fiddle with any thing new right now .

no time right nw ...

maybe later ...

thanks guys ...

Archived