Password manager

Betts1964

NotMyRealNāme

I have been using KeePass on Windows for many years. It offers some protection against password cracking ie brute force attacks and can be linked to user accounts, which I would never use or keyfile usage to make it harder to open the password files, meaning more than a password is required to open the password database.

• 2 weeks later...
SatinOverlord

I agree with the above and have been using KeePass for many years now. It strikes just the right balance between usability and functionality. It's free with no ads or bloatware and under constant development.

https://keepass.info/

Plugins I can recommend:

• DataBaseBackup
  • Favicon Downloader
  • QualityColumn

KeePassXC 

Edited by kasper

• 1 month later...

Moved from Software Chat.

Password managers are software, but more specifically they're security software so this topic is better here.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I think the best password manager is only your mind: It is a good training for the brain to memorize the most important passwords.

And yes, for less important passwords you can use the KeePass.

• 5 months later...

I have been using RoboForm for the last almost 20 years.

Earlier it had restrictions for free users but now it runs without those restrictions except the notification to upgrade but doesn't restrict its functionality even if you do not upgrade. 

1 hour ago, duddy said:

I have been using RoboForm for the last almost 20 years.

Earlier it had restrictions for free users but now it runs without those restrictions except the notification to upgrade but doesn't restrict its functionality even if you do not upgrade. 

Biggest restriction is if you share paswords across diff platforms.. they siber systems will ask you to pony up the cash for that..

Have migrated to BITWARDEN because of that.. 

21 hours ago, debebee said:

Biggest restriction is if you share paswords across diff platforms.. they siber systems will ask you to pony up the cash for that..

Have migrated to BITWARDEN because of that.. 

Yes I agree.

The software if free for a single device.

if you have to use it on multiple devices, then you need to create different accounts on each of the devices.

well our mileage may vary.. 

my password list is more than 200 entries and some sites require regular changing passwords, so keeping  updated is best kept on 1 account..

my suggested solution

i can always export my roboform data to a csv and import it to biwarden which is Free and syncs across ios android windowa and linux or as a browser addon

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 5:43 AM, Eufrat said:

Enpass

Several years ago (after a little research), I had discover the trouble about the autofilling with several websites (you can't login because the form remain empty).

What's wrong ? Basically as we can see the support is very poor sic... That's explain why you can't find a precise answer (on this matter (even inside the changelog)).

Why ? For a lot of people, it's a terrible bad point when you discover this fact : the support doesn't exist !

Despite the time (5 years), they have never take a little time to write any news related to this trouble.

PS : To resume, the support has never reply sic... Never close the topic until the people can confirm !

Otherwise we can't be aware of the real situation (vanished or rectify ?) sic... That's why for many people, it can't be a good advice.

As today ? Perhaps they had decide to improve the both (software and support) but be my guest (try it and provide at least one little feedback).

Perhaps one day I will give another chance but for the moment, like I said many people we kept a bad memory about Enpass.

I prefer Bitwarden. It is supports Windows, Linux, MacOS, CLI, and major web browsers. It allow you to export your password and notes in JSON format should the need arise to renew your encryption which is generated using your password (optional). Also, JSON can be used to export your data/vault to other services. Simple, vast compatibility, unlimited devices, sync, and export to other vaults are the features that makes it stand out of the competition. I also offer cloud storage which is paid service, also optional. Prices is as a low as $4/GB a year. You can add as many GB as you need. IMO, the best password and cloud manager out there to store passwords and notes.

Edited by xkryptonx

• 3 weeks later...