IPv6 Tunnel

Sl@pSh0ck™

Sl@pSh0ck™

I want to setup an IPv6 tunnel ... so I signed up w/ HE's tunnelbroker, it asks me for my IPv4 endpoint ... when I put my Ip address it says ICMP is blocked, checked my firewall settings it's not ... did an ipconfig /all ... shows my IPv4 as 10.... put that in but says it is blocked because it is a pvt one. My ISP is working behind a NATed network. Am I doing it wrong in putting my IPv4 endpoint address? is it possible to setup an IPv6 tunnel if your behind a NATed network? Can anybody assist pls.

• Replies 6
  • Views 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although IP addresses are stored as binary numbers, they are usually displayed in human-readable notations, such as 208.77.188.166 (for IPv4), and 2001:db8:0:1234:0:567:1:1 (for IPv6).

SO.. I would say try your IP addy instead.. I hate it when things like this happen to me as they do..

( Wiki is your friend.... ) LOL ...So is the Tunnel Broker FAQ.. :lmao:

I am confused. What is an IPv4 endpoint address?

An IPv4 endpoint address is also known as a public IPv4 address. Your IPv4 endpoint address should be displayed on the tunnel creation page. You may also visit a site like http://whatismyip.com to confirm the address.

Sl@pSh0ck™

Although IP addresses are stored as binary numbers, they are usually displayed in human-readable notations, such as 208.77.188.166 (for IPv4), and 2001:db8:0:1234:0:567:1:1 (for IPv6).

SO I would say try your IP addy instead.. I hate it when things like this happen to me as they do..

( Wiki is your friend.... ) LOL So is the Tunnel Broker FAQ..

I am confused. What is an IPv4 endpoint address?

An IPv4 endpoint address is also known as a public IPv4 address. Your IPv4 endpoint address should be displayed on the tunnel creation page. You may also visit a site like http://whatismyip.com to confirm the address.

I know what's my IP addy is, it's just that when I try to create a tunnel it would say that I am blocking ICMP.

I think it's impossible for me to connect to an IPv6 tunnel ... it can't even ping my IP address or even do a traceroute to my IP .... my ISP is behind a NATed network so, all ports are blocked.

Okay yeah sorry.. I do know that PeerBlock/Guardian can block ICMP too.. even behind a NATed w/e there are still lots of ICMP...going on between all of the addresses... BUT it could very well be blocked from that location..

Your not trying to do this while using Tor as your System Proxy are you? Just curious that it might have something to do with it..

When I get a chance.. I will switch up mine and see if I can get this to work.. because mine is configured differently..

Sl@pSh0ck™

Likely the NAT is not routing the protocol 41 traffic back to me. For it to work, I really need a static destination NAT for proto 41 placed on my ISPs firewall and directed to my host. In all likelyhood they won't do that for me. 6to4 wont work either for the same reasons. So I think, I might just give Teredo a shot and see how it works. I just have to live with this issue, it's the price to pay of having a lousy ISP service frusty.gif

edit: even teredo doesn't work!!! :s

Sl@pSh0ck™

I tried running a relay for Tor, but I only get an error message saying my host is not connectible and what not ... also I cannot open a port in utorrent (portforward) ... by the way my connection is through wireless 3G/HSDPA

Archived