Internet connection

sanjoa

Hi, guys! How r u? I'd need some help about if a dial up based broadband connection can be set to dial-up automatically after log in Windows. I'm using Windows Seven X64 Professional. When I used Windows XP, I used ADSL Autoconnect, but it is older (last updated, Jan 2006). At Google I have found nothing about automatic connection in WIN7.

• Replies 6
  • Views 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

ADSL Auto Connect is working or not?

I've found some software specifically for it but most of them are older than the above one.

it works very bad. messages don't appear in program window. a friend told me that there's a way to make an automatic connection in Win7 but he didn't told me how to do that.

• Administrator

Do this:

1. Open control panel and open Network and sharing center
  2. From the list of options on the left panel, choose 'manage network connections'. Dial up and LAN connections you have created on your machine will be listed. Find the dial up connection you want to auto dial on startup, right click it and select properties.
  3. Open the 'Options' tab. Uncheck the checkbox that says 'Prompt for name, password, certificate, etc". Also uncheck the 'Prompt for phone number' checkbox.
  4. Press ok to close the options dialog.
  5. Back in the Network Connections window, right click the dial up connection you just modified and click 'create a shortcut'. Allow the shortcut to be placed on desktop as per the warning message.
  6. Cut the shortcut from the desktop and paste it in your Start Menu—>Startup folder.

Sl@pSh0ck™

control panel - network and internet - internet options - connections - choose your dial-up connection as default - then tick always dial my default connection or dial when a network connection is not present (either of the 2 should work) - restart - on logon you will get a prompt - select dial my connection automatically or something like that (forgot the exact words, me too lazy to restart my pc)... then it would autodial your default connection on every logon :)

• Administrator

Welcome. :D

Archived