Page Refreshing

csmdew
Go to solution Solved by Kalju,

Last few days when I'm on mkvhub website using chrome and I click on "get download links" the page just refreshes; but if I use edge then it goes forward as expected. Now I have spent hours trying to find solution on net but gotten nowhere, would anyone have an idea as to why that is happing on chrome and how to fix. thanks

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• csmdew

• Kalju

• TrojanK

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Before download links are generated for you, you will be redirected to thousands of malware sites (different each time) and uBlock Orign, AdblockPlus, Ghostery, Adguard, etc. will block all these redirects and spyware and malware downloads to your computer, but if these sites are not opened or they are blocked or skipped (they are not passed through), your links are not generated.
In the case of Edge, these same apps usually do not that and all junk is stored on your computer.

It's that simple. Do not visit such malicious sites and if possible, use only trusted browsers.

15 hours ago, csmdew said:

Last few days when I'm on mkvhub website using chrome and I click on "get download links" the page just refreshes; but if I use edge then it goes forward as expected. Now I have spent hours trying to find solution on net but gotten nowhere, would anyone have an idea as to why that is happing on chrome and how to fix.

You can try the following in Chrome

1. Right-click on "Get Download Links" > Copy link address
  2. Open new tab > right-click on address bar > Paste and go to http..

NOTE:

Create backup before Step 1

PS:

You can should try this method on any website where such thing happens (including nsane)