Driver Booster Pro 8 - 1 Year License

tysroby

• tysroby changed the title to Driver Booster Pro 8 - 1 Year License

I installed it and scanned my system. It found 8 drivers to update so I updated them

and rebooted and everything went smoothly.

However, on my task bar I noticed the "safely remove hardware and remove media" icon

is showing even though I don't have a pendrive etc attached.

When I right click on the icon it says " Eject Steel Series SM BUS Interface" and

when I click on that it says "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows

that might be using the device, and then try again."

I'm not sure what my next step should be...any ideas guys? Thanks in advance.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Edited by funkyy
"BUS" not "US"

I don't want to upset anyone, but it is pretty much no matter how many days there are, because a new version, ie 9.0.x.xxx, will be released soon and there's nothing left to do with this key.
Namely, Giveaway keys cannot be updated, they are valid only for this version, more precisely only for version 8.x.xx.xxx
But if I remember correctly, version 8 was released on September 29, 2020, and now it's time for the new version. True, it is already in progress, but has not yet been published anywhere, not even for testing.
When a new version is released, the old one will no longer receive updates and the old driver list will be blocked after a while. So it really really doesn't matter how many days there are.
With the users, who have purchased a license, is another story - their license extends to the new version. That's the difference between a Giveaways license and a purchased license.
A new page for Driver Booster 9 has already opened in the IObit Forum, but there are no entries yet.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, funkyy said:

I installed it and......

When I right click on the icon it says " Eject Steel Series SM US Interface" and

.....Thanks in advance.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I think it may be the SteelSeries SMBus Interface driver that runs in the background.
This is the system driver for some computers, especially laptops. However, if you're sure you don't need it, you can disable it from starting automatically or disable the device altogether.
Why haven't you had it before? Probably because these drivers can only be found manually and through the manufacturer's website.
Sorry, maybe I'm wrong, but due to lack of information, I can only guess, but not know exactly.

Edited by Kalju

Hi Kalju,

thanks for your reply. I just noticed my spelling mistake..it is indeed "SM BUS....." I'm going to

edit my error. I had Googled about it and I don't want to remove it in case it's really needed. I'll have

another think after I have my tea.....I don't want to make a rush/rash decision that I may regret!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

EDIT:- After having my tea (lol) I went Googling again but couldn't find an

answer to make the "remove" icon disappear from the task bar box. So I opened

Device Manager and clicked to disable Steel Series SMBUS interface and the icon

disappeared from the task bar box.

I then enabled Steel Series SMBUS interface in Device Manager and the offending

"remove" icon is gone.:dance::dance::dance:

Edited by funkyy
Solved!!!

5 hours ago, Kalju said:

I don't want to upset anyone, but it is pretty much no matter how many days there are, because a new version, ie 9.0.x.xxx, will be released soon and there's nothing left to do with this key.
Namely, Giveaway keys cannot be updated, they are valid only for this version, more precisely only for version 8.x.xx.xxx
But if I remember correctly, version 8 was released on September 29, 2020, and now it's time for the new version. True, it is already in progress, but has not yet been published anywhere, not even for testing.
When a new version is released, the old one will no longer receive updates and the old driver list will be blocked after a while. So it really really doesn't matter how many days there are.
With the users, who have purchased a license, is another story - their license extends to the new version. That's the difference between a Giveaways license and a purchased license.
A new page for Driver Booster 9 has already opened in the IObit Forum, but there are no entries yet.

No worries mate, iObit is giving away license key from time to time. You don't update the driver weekly, at the time you update the driver, there's a new giveaway key available around. Just my two cents 😉

• Adenman locked this topic