Windows logon password cracking

d3v

Hi all,

Customer can't remember his Windows logon password and so I booted to UltimateBootCD and selected Offline NT Password Editor and went through all the steps blanking all the user accounts as well as activating the disable Administrator account, rebooted, selected a user account, left password field blank, hit enter and got a "Password incorrect" messege. WHAT?

So I tried Offline NT password editor but this time I actually set passwords for all the accounts, tried again but the same DAMM deny messege appears on WIndows logon screen!

I hate it when this stuff dosn't work :(

Plz help!

OS is Vista Home premium

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Don't know about other systems. But in XP, in safe mode, admin account is visible. So did you try it?

BTW Hiren's BootCD has many other tools for it. ;)

Don't know about other systems. But in XP, in safe mode, admin account is visible. So did you try it?

BTW Hiren's BootCD has many other tools for it. ;)

+1dkt .

try Hiren's boot cd .

has plenty of tools .

see the capture for password tools.

post-24436-126781415195_thumb.jpg

I actually did try Hirens NTPWD tool, which did not work, either. DK27 I managed to activate the Admin account in Offline NT password program, and now the Admin account appears alongside the customers acount, but again no amount of password changing or blanking works!

I'm tempted to reformat cos it dosn't look like they have ever used the laptop before, so theres nowt to backup, and it gets rid of all the factory loaded crapware at the same time!

Nah but seriously, I'd prefer to just crack existing password or write a new one. I'll have another go later tonight!

cheers.

EDIT: He just phoned me remembering the password. Well it worked, I'm spirsed it did after all the edits I did to the SAM file in those (useless) password cracking programs.

I might as well do some tweaking/optimization while I have his laptop here now.

Cheers all.

You ever do this again try Spotmau PowerSuite.. the new one..

wow that does like awesome. I'm literally burning it to disk now!

You can use ERD Commander 2005 By Microsoft it as Lock Smith App in it for resetting Passwords..!! It sould do the trick

You can use ERD Commander 2005 By Microsoft it as Lock Smith App in it for resetting Passwords..!! It sould do the trick

I would have recommended the same, but doubt it'll be be good for Vista...

There is I believe tool called Ophcrack LiveCD - does the job!

yes ERD commander is great way but in my opinion u should use theOphcrack live cd with ophcrack u can able to see all the guest,admin and limited user accounts and passoword also if u hav vmware installed on ur system u can also see those Vmware account usernames and passwords rtoo in text format

You can dnld it from ophcrack =sourceforge =net dont forget to chose which cd u need there r diffrent for xp and vista users

good2.gif

cheers

Not sure if it works on Vista but the Geek Squad mri 5.1.1 does remove login passwords.

hey i just downloaded the 2.3.1 ver.of ophcrack vista live cd its effective on win7 too i just checked on my system works smooth :rockon:

Did you have to add the 'Tables'.. or is all of it ready to go and burn as is? Just wondering.. I haven't ever used this or heard of it until you mentioned it earlier in the thread...

If you're referring to the Spotmau PowerSuite 2010, the table of contents should have:-

01.) A BootCD in .iso format with a burning agent

02.) The 'setup with a serial' for those who would like to install the Suite on their system.

LOL.. No I was referring to the other CD the Orphcrack CD.. There are tables and they are any were from a few hundred MB to 10GB in size for XP and Vista..

But yes you are right.. and I have always had better success installing the software.. even when using the BootCD.. I believe some elements may actually depend on the Program Files Folder being in tact and on the drive.. I installed mine on 7 right after this the other day..LOL.

just burn that image on cd or make pendrive bootable thru ultra iso and get that write image and write image of the ophcrack and boot from pen drive or else boot from cd wait for a minute and Voila gotcha password :towel:

Archived