is there a way to update nvdia drivers and keep the nvidia control panel ?

juda

Hi

everytime i try to update it does disapear  😠

there are many tutorials, to restart the service and other tricks ,but nothing

seems the only way is download the drivers ,unzip with 7-zip and use the device manger to update from local but...

I know there are standard and dch drivers , but with in both case the nvidia control panel does disapear

is there a way to update nvidia drivers and keep the nvidia control panel on w10 and mabye windows 7?

windows 7 could be no supported by microsoft but nvdia release drivers for w7 too and there is no microsoft store

thanks

Edited by juda

On 9/1/2021 at 8:20 PM, juda said:

Hi

Post update, the nVIDIA Control Panel is not supposed to disappear on any OS . . . not even on Windows 10 (I'm on the latest 21H1, myself.)

On 9/1/2021 at 8:20 PM, juda said:

is there a way to update nvidia drivers and keep the nvidia control panel on w10 and mabye windows 7?

If nothing else has worked, for you . . . you might want to try a clean re-install (it's offered by the installer at every run.)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, UberGeek said:

Post update, the nVIDIA Control Panel is not supposed to disappear on any OS . . . not even on Windows 10 (I'm on the latest 21H1, myself.)

If nothing else has worked, for you . . . you might want to try a clean re-install (it's offered by the installer at every run.)

hi , i have tried everything but in the control panel there is no more the nvidia control panel

i have searched and there lots of users with the same problems ,somebody did fix it other nothing

before posting i have tried everything, even boot in safe mode and use ddu to perform a clean install , nothing

i have always performet clean re-install using the  installer

there is nvidia blog some info about why the control panel is more preset

my i know with drivers do you use to update the standard or DCH?

thanks

@juda

Very interesting. Nvidia Control Panel is a completely standalone program and you can always reinstall it if your system and driver do not install it automatically. It is also available for Windows 7 and completely freely available and completely free.
Does it not work on your system?

Spoiler

File Information

SOFTWARE NAME NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL
Version 6.14.12.5741
File Size 122 MB
Developer NVIDIA Officials
Supported OS Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7
Downloads 100000+
Last Updated November 2, 2020

PS. I didn't research, maybe there are some newer ones also available.

Edited by Kalju
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kalju said:

@juda

Very interesting. Nvidia Control Panel is a completely standalone program and you can always reinstall it if your system and driver do not install it automatically. It is also available for Windows 7 and completely freely available and completely free.
Does it not work on your system?

Hide contents

File Information

SOFTWARE NAME NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL
Version 6.14.12.5741
File Size 122 MB
Developer NVIDIA Officials
Supported OS Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7
Downloads 100000+
Last Updated November 2, 2020

PS. I didn't research, maybe there are some newer ones also available.

Hi

i have updated with the standard drivers , and i have my control panel

weird , the DHC does remove it or change location or remove the registry entries

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 4:50 PM, juda said:

Hi

there are many tutorials, to restart the service and other tricks ,but nothing

seems the only way is download the drivers ,unzip with 7-zip and use the device manger to update from local but...

I know there are standard and dch drivers , but with in both case the nvidia control panel does disapear

windows 7 could be no supported by microsoft but nvdia release drivers for w7 too and there is no microsoft store

thanks

Simply read this webpage and it will fix your problem!!

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4777/~/nvidia-dch%2Fstandard-display-drivers-for-windows-10-faq

DCH drivers are now standard for Windows 10, but you should also clean all the previous versions of Nvidia drivers in order to clean your system. This tool might help you:

https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer#readme

• Like 1