NSANE FORUMS APP

Matt

2 hours ago, encor3 said:

Great but why not a version for Mozilla Firefox? // encor3

In fact, the reason is very simple - Firefox lacks app capability since version 89.0.
Although on the current mobile version it should still be available, personally I don't know more, haven't tried.

@Matt, you really did a great job. but i think there is one more thing to implement. can you implement tow factor authentication while logging-in the forums. i see this facility in other forums. it will improve the security on a higher level.

@MattOn my phone it does not have app icon, Im using pre-installed Chrome (Updated to latest).

IMG_20210819_184443.jpg

• Administrator
1 minute ago, exodius said:

@MattOn my phone it does not have app icon, Im using pre-installed Chrome (Updated to latest).

I will check it soon, and get back to you. 

@MattStill does not work on my device

(Left chrome, right Edge)

IMG-20210820-102817.jpg

Changed to Nova Launcher also end with blank logo , But i can edit app icon with edit feature on Nova.

IMG-20210820-102849.jpg    =>>  IMG-20210820-103114.jpg

IMHO, seems from chrome,  icon does not work with heavily modded ROM like MIUI (im using MIUI btw). Need ROM which near to AOSP or AOSP itself.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, exodius said:

IMHO, seems from chrome,  icon does not work with heavily modded ROM like MIUI (im using MIUI btw). Need ROM which near to AOSP or AOSP itself.

There's just the original Android that came with the phone in here, and because it's working fine with Edge, you should stick with it because that's what we recommend.

We are thankful we see progress on this forum in many areas be it UI, features, and now an improvement in accessibility. In the past some members been using tapatalk to access NF. Those who gave up on it (tapatalk) or not comfortable using it can use this app for edge or chrome instead. 

We just hope @Mattenthuasiasm never fades and keep us surprised with these new features and most importantly keep the server up and fast all the time. Good job again @Matt.  Keep up the good work. We appreciate it. 🙂

Edited by nIGHT

It's true that there are problems with the icon, because there are no icons in the correct size and .ico format. Everything is just and only .png pictures.
So the device itself turns the small .png file into an .ico file and it is not stable and is the wrong size, ie 16x16 pixels and results in a large white (computer display) or blue (android) colored spot, a tiny blue dot in the top left corner. 

Besides, using this gadget is quite cumbersome, so it is much more sensible to open the desired part of the forum in the default browser and everything is great and much more convenient to use.

Life should not be in creating problems and inconveniences for yourself, but abstaining from them.

PS. But this icon is a very small problem compared to many others around us.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Kalju said:

It's true that there are problems with the icon, because there are no icons in the correct size and .ico format. Everything is just and only .png pictures.

Yes, the size is incorrect, but it isn't a major issue, nor is it a png or icon issue. All icon and logo sizes will be adjusted shortly, and we will utilize webp for them. I'm currently working on these, and I'll need some time to complete them. Patience is required.