[Solved] Closed captions not show in Youtube videos

vitorio
Go to solution Solved by vitorio,

I have a HP PC with Windows 10 Home Edition in which even if a choose the closed caption button (CC button) and select automated English generated language/English the closed captions text do not show.

Checked in my Dell Windows 10 PC with the same options as before and still I can not see the Closed captions text.

in the Microsoft media player, version 12 selected the option show closed caption when available. Also failed.

If I select live captions in Google settings the caption text appears below the video.

Maybe some drivers are not compatible with YouTube,

I searched Google for various days and I concluded that if the video have the CC (closed caption) I am suppose to see the closed caption text in the video, as explained, which is not happen in my case,

I am willing to keep trying but my options each time are less.

Maybe the solution is wait for new updates for my HP PC.  I am just guessing.

Your input is well welcome in trying to solved this issue. Beside I really do not know if it is in my end or not.

Thanks.

update 8/16/21

Maybe this have something to do with the issue: (please comment, thanks)

Update on Adobe Flash Player End of Support

Edited by vitorio

• vitorio changed the title to [Solved] Closed captions not show in Youtube videos
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vitorio

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

[Solved]

This really works for  me:

try Invidious instance such https://yewtu.be?

Thanks for  @rach, a friend,  for the link and solution.

Yewtu.be is an alternative front-end to YouTube. You can search for Youtube videos using keywords, or by pasting a Youtube URL into the search bar. Videos are downloadable via a “Download” button on each video page. Yewtu.be is an instance of Invidious — free proxy software for Youtube access.

Invidious is an alternative front-end to YouTube, Invidious does not use the official YouTube API, instead it parses the source code of the YouTube site to get the necessary information (such as projects like youtube-dl and NewPipe.

Now I can see the CC text. The question is why this works and not CC text with Youtube.com? In my opinion is the Youtube API.

Edited by vitorio