UltraVPN and Torrents

Sl@pSh0ck™

Sl@pSh0ck™

It was announced on Ultravpn Forum that they will not support torrents anymore:

« on: September 25, 2009, 04:21:16 pm » Due to some pressure in the countries where we have servers (France & USA), we had to stop supporting torrent. Sorry for that! « Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 10:16:36 am by administrator »

I wasn't doing anything a while back so I started fiddling w/ utorrent and ultravpn, just to see if I can download torrent using it.

Here is the screenshoot of my connection when using utorrent w/o ultravpn:

2zylit0.png

And this is the screenshoot when running utorrent and ultravpn at the same time:

25rlg10.png

So is downloading torrents supported using Ultravpn or not? Whatever the answer, I'm just happy it is working for me :lol:

**** downloading torrents from private trackers is not working though.

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Hmm. Interesting. :think:

I haven't used UltraVPN from many months now. But guess torrents worked for me. I think it was after 25sep. :unsure:

Sl@pSh0ck™

The last time I used ultravpn was back in January and torrents aren't working for me that time .... that's why I was really surprised. I have checked ultravpn forum and there were no announcements or what so ever about them supporting torrents again :rolleyes:

I don't use UltraVPN... I have the client archived.. but I don't use it... HOWEVER... I will say this.. the only real way your going to find out if its being supported or not is to use a Packet capturing software like Wireshark.. the cFos connection window was never really meant for this purpose. It will tell you what EXE has connections running out of it and what bandwidth.. By what I am seeing on your chart .. is that your total connections equals almost one of the uT ones.. so its possible that request are operating correctly but no flow.. BUT I am not for sure.. watching your actual total bandwidth in and out could shed some light and seeing what Wireshark could do for you. would be good. IMO... :)

EDIT: OTHER Proxies and VPN's also may be able to show you what connection s they are sending out to .. and getting connections from. Not for sure about this one.. but Visual Route is a good one.. and VisualWare.. I think is another as well that can help in actually showing this.. in a little better manner..

EDIT2: IF you get Wireshark.. make sure to install AirSnare.. for Wireless.. ( still uses WinPcap ) and is displayed in the Capture window from that point.. ( of Wireshark w/o having to buy AirCap )

Sl@pSh0ck™

Thanks for the tip, I'll check that out ;)

• Administrator

Wireshark is posted here(if needed). ;)

Sl@pSh0ck™

Okay, here is a capture of TAP-Win32 adapter V9 (UltraVPN) using wireshark (only program running is utorrent):

wireshark.png

So I guess it's working right? :rolleyes:

• Administrator

Yea it seems working.

Archived