Closed Captions issue - Windows 10

vitorio
Go to solution Solved by Kalju,

Hi all

Have someone recently notice that Closed Captions options are not been display  with the last Windows 10 updates.

I have been trying since early this morning to display them in various YouTube Video without success.

I first believed the issue was on my end but tried it in other Windows 10 Pc and still, not able to display them.

Tried  it in my IPad and display them flawlessly.

If someone find some reference to his issue with Windows 10 updates or fixes, please provide  me a link.

I really appreciate your input , thanks.

Edited by vitorio

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vitorio

• Kalju

• neofita

Top Posters In This Topic

• vitorio changed the title to Closed Captions issue - Windows 10

After trying to do a recovery to bring the PC to an early update the PC crashed.

Now I am trying to use the option to bring the PC to its original condition without erase my files but I have been waiting for more than 14 hours and still says “please wait, installing Windows 2%”.

It says that this option takes a while but 14 hours is sufficient in my opinion.

Now I need to decide what do do since I do not have backup of PC disk.

Thanks all for the help.

Edited by vitorio

Plan to for the following days and perhaps weeks:

Going to order the installation disk from HP.

With then going to look how to modify the start BIOS to see If I can run this  disk and  recover all the original software from de corrupt operating system disk.

System recovery using HP supplied recovery media 

System recovery using HP supplied recovery media

If you received HP recovery media from HP, use this section to recover your computer. Insert the media and use the following instructions.
  1. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.
    Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.
  2. Insert the recovery media (USB Drive, CD/DVD) and then turn off the computer.
  3. Turn on the computer and immediately press the Esc (escape) key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu opens.
    • Notebook
      Notebook Startup Menu
    • Desktop
      Desktop startup menu
  4. Press F9 to open Boot Device Options
    menu.
  5. Use the up or down arrow key to select the CD/DVD drive or USB drive, and then press Enter. 
    NOTE: 
    If you are using recovery media supplied by HP, a black window opens asking you to Press any key to boot from the CD or DVD..... This screen only displays for 3-4 seconds and if no key is pressed, the system boots normally into Windows. You must repeat these steps in order to boot from the CD/DVD recovery media.
    Prompt to press any key
    Boot option menu
    Please select boot option device with SATA1 selected.
    NOTE: 
    More than one USB drive or CD/DVD drive selection might be available from the list of bootable devices. If so, select one of the USB drive CD/DVD selections from the list to see if HP Recovery starts. If recovery does not start or a non-system disk error is displayed, restart the computer by pressing the power button, and then repeat these steps to select another USB or CD/DVD drive. When recovery starts, continue using the steps to complete recovery.

Edited by vitorio

• Solution

@vitorio
It was absolutely true that the subtitles did not work after this update.
Install new update kb5001649 (released 29/07/20221, not the one that was released on 20/07/2021)
Here is the last one if you can't find it in automatic updates
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=kb5001649
Checked and captions work.

Edited by Kalju