Help needed to get a newer M2Tech driver to work on OEM M2Tech USB DAC

nothing1

Hi  i need help! i have a newer version of a driver that is for an M2Tech USB DAC but is not for my DAC(although it is a M2Tech but OEM) but i am pretty sure that with the correct adjustments to the new driver files that it could be made to work for the same OEM hardware, the reason i would like to upgrade the driver is because the newer on allows direct DSD where as the one i have will only do DoP, if someone could look at the original driver files and look at the newer ones and tell me if what i am wanting is impossible or help me achieve this i would be most grateful

Here is the link to the files i am not a coder but it seems as though for someone with programing knowledge that this would be a fairly simple task but as i said i am not a coder lol

https://mega.nz/folder/ToZBDQLD#qn-LPvWvRIeQO8ns3m5Y-A

• Replies 3
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nothing1

i was able to get the new driver to install by adding my device(copying from old inf file) to the list of devices in the new inf file but although it installed (before it would not it would say to connect device even though my DAC was connected) id would not connect to my DAC some one must know something about this sort of stuff does everything cost money these days?

• 3 weeks later...

so someone has noticed that the shared IDs for my hardware is the same as the "XMOS USB Audio" hardware. "USB\VID_20B1&PID_3021\5&212ac8fc&0&3" they gave me a link for the evaluation driver package from XMOS:, i got that to install and recognize my device and work, but the same limitations where in place and could still only do DSD128 DoP, i hope some programmer takes pity on me and creates a driver with the limitations removed it would probably be an unsigned driver but that does not bother me this has the details of what info needs to be changed to unlock direct DSD256

https://www.xmos.ai/download/AN00103:-Enabling-DSD256-in-the-USB-Audio-2.0-Device-Reference-Design-Software(1.0.2rc1).pdf

just for clarity i have my DAC running direct DSD256 using the audiophile OS Daphile, and it is great but not the perfect solution as it is on my main PC so i cannot be here on the net and download and all the other stuff you do on a computer and listen to music, This is now more about a deliberate capping of a device's true performance under windows(sell same device in the next model but with "improved capabilities") and even if it takes me a couple of years i will not let go of this bone. But if you are an audiophile and haven't tried Daphile give it a go the sound is amazing the whole thing is less than 300Mb and who knows maybe your DAC will have improved performance. Still looking for help with this.