how to set gigabyte z390 bios from legacy boot to uefi and active secureboot

ilcorsaro73

ilcorsaro73

good evening everyone i have a gigabyte z390 motherboard aorus pro wifi rev 1.0 and i was trying to set up my pc with windows 10 x64 pro to free upgrade windows 11 but unfortunately i have the boot method set in legacy the partition type mbr (no gpt) and the security boot disabled reading on the internet I realized that I can convert the partition using the mbr2gpt / convert command or using a commercial program such as aoemi partiton assistant but to set up the boot on the motherboard in uefi how to proceed? I downloaded the manual and reading the settings of the gigabyte z390 it says that you have to disable the csm support option by doing so it would set both the activation of the safe boot boot (by installing keys) and both the boot in uefi but I am not sure for this I ask here to some more experienced user than me thanks in advance to anyone who wastes some of his time to answer me

requirements.gif

csm.gif

• Replies 7
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ilcorsaro73

• 123m.m

• Israeli_Eagle

• DTORRES

First download  windows pe sergic

In this site

Two load windows pe and open 

Amoei Partion assistant select quick partion wizard and select gpt and so select namber partion and applay

Very fast make gpt partion

Metod 2

Upload windows 11 in usb with rafus fat32

Select uefi and after upload

Boot usb with uefi and after see hard drive make gpt partion but 

But No need make gpt partion 

Mbr bery best

ilcorsaro73

thanks yes I have seen these pages but at the moment I do not want to install windows 11 I just want to enable secure boot and convert the windows 10 partition from mbr to gpt and this I can do with aoemi the problem is that if I do not change the boot in uefi in the gigabyte no longer starts windows and I do not know what exactly the gigabyte setting is

• 4 months later...