I need to blur background during video calls (on Win 7)

Archimede

Hello :)

I need to blur background during video calls (on Win 7) any creative suggestion is most welcome.

_________________________________________ (some details)

MS Teams has a "blur my background feature" during video calls... It worked just fine and then suddenly stopped working for no reason (no hardware/software changes were made on the Win 7 laptop that I use for online meetings and webinars). Apparently there are thousands of users that recently experienced just the same.

I thought of using a 3rd party virtual camera tool to simply blur the background on a variety of online meeting platforms (the groups I meet mostly use MS Teams and Cisco Webex) but I did not find any free ones that support Win 7.

I don't need all the bells and whistles (lenses, special effects, animated or 3D virtual background, etc.) I only need either to blur the background or to set a solid color background during video calls.

Edited by Archimede

• Archimede changed the title to I need to blur background during video calls (on Win 7)

Hi,

i did some research and found some projects on Github. However nearly all of them are some kind of experimental, but you could try them at least ;)

Most of them use things like python in the background so you will have to look into how to install and use them:

1. camiac
  2. Virtual webcam / see also here
  3. realtime_bg_blurring

Also you could use something like XSplit VCam, however there will be some kind of a watermark if you dont purchase their premium option

Another option would be Snap Camera which is free. You could try and install some blur lens in there, just search for it as indicated here

After all you could try fixing the teams feature; Maybe you could try a driver update or something? ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Friend :)

Tomorrow I will test the options you suggested.

"After all you could try fixing the teams feature; Maybe you could try a driver update or something?" I tried a few things but did not work... It literally stopped blurring from one day to the next and I read a million posts of people trying to get it back (MS replies are useless as usual)... Sadly I don't have much time on my hands to fiddle with it hence I opted for a 3rd party tool.

Thanks again and enjoy the coming weekend :)

• 2 weeks later...