how to uninstall microsoft office completely

chlorophyll

hi frenz

please suggest me whether theres any special procedure or any TOOL to completely uninstall microsoft office.

i am using win7 ult with offfice 2007 edition.also installed office sp2 pack update separately

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DKT27

thank u.thats what i am looking for. :dance2:

wil report here if i had any problems during uninstallation process.but takes time :blink:

@D

can i use open office.ORG(oxygen manager) appl to open .doc files.??

• Administrator

I don't remember anything about OpenOffice. Has been years since I used it.

Chances are very high that it will be able to view/open them. But I doubt that it will be able make them. :unsure:

EDIT: It can perform both the actions. Source - Wiki.

thank u D

@D

yeah uninstalled successfully.but that tool didnt delete al da files.it left 30% of files without being deleted.anyhow i deleted them successfully.i cant bear that much huge appl on my system.so uninstalled.

in idea of installing openoffice.

@ DKT27

. . . . . . . the article you linked seems to be meant for XP & Vista (hope it works the with Windows Se7en that Ravi is using) ;)

@ Ravi

. . . . . . . Office 2007 uninstalls properly via the conventional methods most of the times. However, if you've run into a known issue wherein your office 2007 is not displaying in the 'add/remove' uninstall list necessitating a manual uninstall then let me know and I'll post a tutorial. B)

@DCS18

even though i uninstalled completely (manually also i deleted some folders)da tool which DKT27 prescribed me didnt uninstall everything.anyhow it helped to som extent.no probs now

if ur willing to give tutorial then ur welcome.pls give tutorial regarding this

thank u

Office 2007 is not built in to windows so uninstalling it would be just like uninstalling any program. Use Revo Uninstaller or Your Uninstaller to get the job done. <_<

@nivrid05

no no not like that.as u said i uninstalled office 1 yr back using your uninstaller.not all files were deleted.thats y this time asked for SPECIAL TOOL which can uninstall office 100% .thats da problem

@DCS18

if ur willing to give tutorial then ur welcome.pls give tutorial regarding this

thank u

OK Ravi, give me around half an hour (need to emulate your condition.)

• Administrator

@nivrid05

no no not like that.as u said i uninstalled office 1 yr back using your uninstaller.not all files were deleted.thats y this time asked for SPECIAL TOOL which can uninstall office 100% .thats da problem

You should have mentioned it before. Simple CCleaner is able to do that without any problems. ;)

@DKT

sorry to say this.same with ccleaner also. :blink:

@ Ravi

. . . . . . are you running (x32-bit) or (x-64-bit) just realized during simulation that the registry entries differ. Let me know soon. ;)

32 bit

@ KotaXor

Microsoft Office 2007 (Enterprise) - 558 MBs

(Office Enterprise Service Pack-1) - 218 MBs

(Office Enterprise Service Pack-2) - 290 MBs

That's already a base total of 1,066 MBs (not counting the numerous Windows Updates.) This is indicative of the size that we can expect from the next release, Office 2010 ProfessionalPlus. :frusty:

@ Ravi

Now that you're rid of Microsoft Office 2007 what're you going to use to view your office documents, presentations and other titbits? :unsure:

chlorophyll

openoffice frend

Archived