Routers & Firewalls

Guest Aliveforevermore

Guest Aliveforevermore

Hi all, -- JUST JOINED!!

I am an independent Computer consultant working in Nairobi, Kenya (East Africa). I help individuals in their homes or small offices setup and configure systems as well as help desk and pc repair. My main area of interest is designing and deploying networks that work with appropriate levels of redudancy built-in to allow you some sleep. I eventually want to graduate to be able to setup complex networks for large corporates. I am happy to join your forum and pretty sure there are great guys with lots of knowledge onboard. Thank you all for sharing and in particular the time you put in.

I need a lot of help with routers and firewalls. I have been able to setup routers mainly to allow the sharing an ISP Internet link. I need to take it deeper to business scenarios where one ISP comes in. It is then shared between more than one department. Questions like when do you need a router and how do you design networks with routers and firewalls as basic units. When do you say I need another router for that?

Thank you guys and all best wishes.

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forums :D

I've got some experience in setting up home networks (just like you), so I don't think I'll be any help to you :(

Make a new topic about routers and firewalls to get all the advise you needed. :welcome: to nsane.forums

Welcome Aliveforevermore from Africa :welcome:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived