[Solved] Desktop icons all disappeared

hakah
Go to solution Solved by hakah,

There is one problem with my Windows 10. All the desktop icons are disappeared.  Now it only shows Unfold, pinned pricks and All programs icons on left-top and user, documents, diagrams, settings and power icons on left-bottom of desktop. There is even no response(no menu shown) to right click of mouse on desktop.

Any possible solutions to the problem existed? Can I recover all my desktop icons to traditional as before? 

Thanks for your great assistance in advance!

There is no response to right-click of mouse on desktop with no menu shown.

Run explorer.exe to reset your desktop.

image.png.ecf95d2d04e336fc230a5264ea749047.png

Edited by tonyblair

bigbrother
On 5/20/2021 at 9:27 AM, hakah said:

There is no response to right-click of mouse on desktop with no menu shown.

May I suggest you scan for malware and post results for further assistance.

TRY Rebuild icon cache

1. Go to Start > type file explorer > double click on the first result
  2. In the new File Explorer window, go to View and check Hidden Items in order to display hidden files and folders
  3. Navigate to C:\Users\(YOUR USERNAME)\AppDataLocal > scroll all the way down
  4. Right-click on IconCache.db >  click on Delete > Yes.
  5. Go to Recycle Bin > empty it
  6. Restart your computer.

OR

As @bigbrother stated IT MAY be a Malware Problem

Edited by kyber

I won't want to recommend any advice until we know what really happened, what version of Windows it is, what is the current situation, what happened before the icons disappeared, how this OP system is maintained and a million other small details, such as whether some of default Windows features are disabled or not, whether third-party antivirus programs are used, and so on.
Which icons didn't disappeared and are still visible, etc.
PS. as long as there is no real information about the situation, nothing can be recommended. 

The author last replied more than a week ago, there is no more information about him.

However, could answer whether the problem still exists or has been resolved for a long time.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:11 AM, hakah said:

There is one problem with my Windows 10. All the desktop icons are disappeared. 
Now it only shows Unfold, pinned pricks and All programs icons on left-top and user, documents, diagrams, settings and power icons on left-bottom of desktop. There is even no response(no menu shown) to right click of mouse on desktop.

Any possible solutions to the problem existed? Can I recover all my desktop icons to traditional as before?

Exit it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

Problem finally solved. I has mistakenly click on the Tablet icon and when I close it, all return back to normal.

Thanks for those members who suggests and recommend ways to solve the problem encountered.

Many Thanks again for your kind assistance!