News new design.

Matt

@MattI feel like "Article image Link" should be optional criteria. If made mandatory, then there may be duplicate topics due to delay in posting with alternate images.

Also, this move might be seen to increase the SEO ratings in search using nsaners.
As we see, nsaners used to be competitive in posting news/updates/releases. Hence, this would be a slow-goner.

Suggestion:
I'd suggest rather create a search within the field to look for images as we do for emoticons/emojis. Or make tags mandatory and let the AI to get the related image to fill in.

Edited by vissha

Also a suggestion: the news topics should show up in recent topics (otherwise it takes away the importance of some "breaking" news.)  Thanks.

Creating new topic in any news section temporarily unavailable. Please fix ASAP. Or open up General News and then the topics could be migrated. Why delay content posting?

• Administrator
On 5/19/2021 at 1:02 PM, vissha said:

@MattI feel like "Article image Link" should be optional criteria. If made mandatory, then there may be duplicate topics due to delay in posting with alternate images.

Also, this move might be seen to increase the SEO ratings in search using nsaners.
As we see, nsaners used to be competitive in posting news/updates/releases. Hence, this would be a slow-goner.

You are missing the main point of it which it's for related work on the same project, and it will be released soon. Also, this is only to separate the image link form the content in order to give the results of what you are seeing in any news topic. 

On 5/19/2021 at 6:53 PM, aum said:

Also a suggestion: the news topics should show up in recent topics (otherwise it takes away the importance of some "breaking" news.)  Thanks.

Already made one, and I was waiting on more news to be posted. 

On 5/19/2021 at 10:33 PM, vissha said:

Creating new topic in any news section temporarily unavailable. Please fix ASAP. Or open up General News and then the topics could be migrated. Why delay content posting?

These forums will be moved/deleted, and we will not use it anymore to post news. You can always post news in here. 

https://nsaneforums.com/news/

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Already made one, and I was waiting on more news to be posted. 

+1

Much appreciated for restoring the visibility of the news by bringing it to the forefront.  

• Like 2

@Matt & @Karlston 

Great work guys I've just posted some articles with no issues at all thank you both for your time efforts and hard work 👍

On 5/19/2021 at 9:35 AM, Matt said:

special thanks to @Karlston, @aum, and @mood for bring us the best news to read, get new information, or educated about something new.

+1  Also, We really appreciate all the contributions you guys make here cheers lads :cheers:

In the new news forums, could the default "Sort By" be changed from "Start Date" to "Last Updated" please?   Thanks.

Edited by aum

• Administrator
2 hours ago, aum said:

In the new news forums, could the default "Sort By" be changed from "Start Date" to "Last Updated" please?   Thanks.

I will check if this is possible.

• Like 3

• Administrator

@aum It's possible, but I didn't change it. If you make changes to a topic you started after a month, it will show as it was a new topic in the begging. I fixed what you asked for by changing the descending order in order to show last news topic in the begging. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matt said:

@aum It's possible, but I didn't change it. If you make changes to a topic you started after a month, it will show as it was a new topic in the begging. I fixed what you asked for by changing the descending order in order to show last news topic in the begging. 

That's exactly what was needed (as I thought of the problem with the 'latest updates' you mentioned.)

Great forethought with right and correct implementation.  Kudos @Matt!

• Like 2

If already have been given the opportunity to ask questions and / or make suggestions, my modest suggestion would be to make the menu similar to the "Activity" and "Browse" menus, ie so that can already choose which subtopic to view from the submenu.
At moment must open site to see subtopics, if then open some subtopic, it opens on the same table and if after that sombody wants open another topic, must again open the news site and only after that can open new subtopic.
If there is everything in submenus available, its much simple to open another news topics.
That's what I wanted to recommend.

Thank You for your attention.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Kalju said:

If already have been given the opportunity to ask questions and / or make suggestions, my modest suggestion would be to make the menu similar to the "Activity" and "Browse" menus, ie so that can already choose which subtopic to view from the submenu.
At moment must open site to see subtopics, if then open some subtopic, it opens on the same table and if after that sombody wants open another topic, must again open the news site and only after that can open new subtopic.
If there is everything in submenus available, its much simple to open another news topics.
That's what I wanted to recommend.

Thank You for your attention.

Some of your suggestions will be coming up with next project for the news, and the other suggestions will see what I can do about them. 

zanderthunder

With the updated news design, it means that all users must use this new updated news posting rules from now on, right?

Edited by zanderthunder

11 minutes ago, zanderthunder said:

With the updated news design, it means that no person will longer commenting to news anymore, right?

No sorry your wrong mate the new design doesn't stop members from making comments at all.

Spoiler

Capture

• Like 3

I have 2 comments:

First why add image is mandatory, some news have no image and it will add no meaning to the news topic, also why using a separate field and not add it through insert image option already present

Second: is there an option to automatically resize images posted in the topic?

• Administrator
On 5/25/2021 at 11:15 PM, zanderthunder said:

With the updated news design, it means that all users must use this new updated news posting rules from now on, right?

Yes. Members now must use above rules in order to post news which it's just the same as the usual with a view updates. We added template to the news in order to have instructions on how to post news for new members who would like to share important articles.

17 hours ago, tarekma7 said:

First why add image is mandatory, some news have no image and it will add no meaning to the news topic, also why using a separate field and not add it through insert image option already present

Well for too many reasons. Why mandatory and using a separate field ? Because it's important for news new look (For the same purpose). 

17 hours ago, tarekma7 said:

Second: is there an option to automatically resize images posted in the topic?

Yes. It will automatically resize the image from that image link source. 

• Like 3

I'm glad to see the new news system. I like the new system. But to be honest, if I want to read the news, I don't choose to read it on the forum.😅

• Like 2