#$@!% Banners that block half the screen

MrEprize
Go to solution Solved by Matt,

Hey guys!  Just wondering what is up with all the banners EVERY SINGLE DAY.  There has got to be a better way, it is extremely annoying to have close 3 or more banners every time you open a link on this site.

Thanks for listening!!
Have a great week!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Israeli_Eagle

Erm... Are you sure that you live on the same planet? ;)

This forum does not have any banners or ads, sorry. Maybe post a screenshot as example so somebody can understand your problem.

• Like 2

Banners may not be the right name but, there are duplicate headers/banners that all contain the same information that must be scrolled through before we get to content that we actually came here to see.    Surely there is a better way to deal with this..   See attached screen shot....

Capture.JPG

Israeli_Eagle

Partly some only displayed once, for that use browsers cookies. :coolwink:

So there is not really much annoying...

Clipboard02.thumb.jpg.0a8eea017a497325a55f6f46797aa846.jpg

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

• Administrator

@MrEprize I think you are giving an oversized topic title because we don't have any banners that blocks half of the screen, and not even any kind of a banner. 

@nickhog those are announcements, and they are very important elements, and they are not blocking half of the screen as it was mentioned in the topic title. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrEprize said:

Hey guys!  Just wondering what is up with all the banners EVERY SINGLE DAY.  There has got to be a better way, it is extremely annoying to have close 3 or more banners every time you open a link on this site.

Hi!

Assuming you mean annoyi announcementBanner,

6 hours ago, nickhog said:

Surely there is a better way to deal with this

you can use Stylus to hide them.

CSS example:

Spoiler

footer

{display: none !important;}

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrator

@TrojanK hiding important elements like the announcements is a bad idea because it's the only channel to send members a message about any important stuff going on around here. Moreover, they aren't annoying like you guys making a huge deal of it.  

• Like 2

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, UberGeek said:

@MrEprize @nickhog You can add a few cosmetic custom rules to your ad. blocker for a cleaner look and disable them once in a way to check for announcement updates. 😉

This is where members missing new important information, and then getting some warning points or banned from the forums. 

These messages should be under Site News and Updates.  

I did mean Announcement Banners.   I have not seen any ad banners here.

This is the type of forum where I prefer not to save cookies and other traces, this is why it happens everytime.  I understand that, just thought maybe there were other people who have the same MOA and that the maybe the Admins did not take this into account when redesigning the site.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, MrEprize said:

These messages should be under Site News and Updates.  

I did mean Announcement Banners.   I have not seen any ad banners here.

This is the type of forum where I prefer not to save cookies and other traces, this is why it happens everytime.  I understand that, just thought maybe there were other people who have the same MOA and that the maybe the Admins did not take this into account when redesigning the site.

This an forum system. and it has been made that way. I can't modify core functions because you don't like to see those messages on the top of the site.  Moreover, just to clear things, those banners doesn't block half of the screen as you mentioned in your topic title. 

• Like 1

When you have poor vision and you have the page rendered at 150-175% it blocks a good bit.   Its all good,  just thought maybe you guys didn't know and maybe there was a workaround.

Israeli_Eagle
52 minutes ago, MrEprize said:

When you have poor vision and you have the page rendered at 150-175% it blocks a good bit.   Its all good,  just thought maybe you guys didn't know and maybe there was a workaround.

The workarounds might be good glasses and a better & bigger screen. :whistle:

5 hours ago, MrEprize said:

Also every modern browser has the option to block 3rd party cookies. So...

Edited by Israeli_Eagle

• Administrator
  • Solution
On 5/11/2021 at 3:26 PM, MrEprize said:

Well this is a personal issue, and you could have opened a support ticket.  Then we could have helped you further, and this offer never expired. I will be more than happy to help you with the issue you are facing, so just open a support ticket.