Video Frame capture tool

mara-

Hi,

Can somebody recommend me a good tool that can capture frame of my choice from video. I'm doing some conversion and I need to compare screen shots from my original source and from my converted video. I need it to support MKV format and h264 codec. Thanks.

Cheers ;)

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought MediaCoder, Sony Vegas did this.. ( you have to load it and go into the frame by frame if I remember right ) I know most screen capture software will not because of the layering on the desktop...

Try Camtasia Studio latest release is 6.0.3 Build 928. It's developed by TechSmith , the people who designed the SnagIt Screenshot. These guys are the market leaders.

I thought MediaCoder, Sony Vegas did this.. ( you have to load it and go into the frame by frame if I remember right ) I know most screen capture software will not because of the layering on the desktop...

I check that.

Try Camtasia Studio latest release is 6.0.3 Build 928. It's developed by TechSmith , the people who designed the SnagIt Screenshot. These guys are the market leaders.

I don't this product can take screen shots from movie at specific frame

A lot of media players can capture frames... I use "Media player classic" for that.

Yeah, just after I posted i sow that I can go to specific frame and make a screen shot. But, i would need some tool that can take a screen shot at same resolution. I want to convert some video from 720p resolution to 480p and then I need to capture screen shot from 720p source but picture needs to be 480p so I can check the difference.

Cheers ;)

Wait.. :blink: what your saying your trying to do would be pointless to compare.. do you mean size instead? or s it that you can't get 720p source to show up.. Seems as though it would be whatever your system is set at..

Wait.. :blink: what your saying your trying to do would be pointless to compare.. do you mean size instead? or s it that you can't get 720p source to show up.. Seems as though it would be whatever your system is set at..

Hm, maybe I did not explained it well. I need to take a screen shot from video at different resolution. I want to take picture that has lower resolution then the video.

I don't this product can take screen shots from movie at specific frame

Did you try it? :coolwink:

http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia/publish.asp

OK, I was reading their description and I could not see what I'm looking. Downloading it now and testing.

EDIT: I was right. This cant do what I need. This is tool to record a video. I need to capture a screen shot from video.

Cheers ;)

Use photoshop to convert 720p frame to 480p (you dont gonna loss much quality, barely detectable by the average naked eye)

And use PNG or BMP ( both lossless). Dosnt use JPG

If you use FFdshow in your media player, you can use the filter resize tochange the 720p to 480p and then take the snapshot.

A minute later. :frusty:

I need to capture a screen shot from video.

Cheers ;)

Do post back with your findings.

:think: in the past, I've taken great video screen shots with SnagIt. If possible give it a shot (because you already seem to be using it, seen some screenshot of yours.)

Archived