Great download speeds now :O

ejams

I have a 4000/400 cable connection and I got 1500kbps on the Limewire download.

I didn't know that was possible with my connection :unsure:

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you use Firefox? It might give you false speeds at the beginning (or the whole dl) because when you get the "choose save target" or "what do you want to do" download dialog, it already starts downloading, and the speed will be compeensating that... I once got 4MB/s on a 512/256 line... pretty sure that was bugged :unsure:

Meh.. Possibly. I use Minefield 3.0a.

But it was between 1300-1500 and it took like 1-2 seconds to download.

Oh well. :unsure:

Meh.. Possibly. I use Minefield 3.0a.

You really need to switch to uTorrent. :unsure:

It might be due to compression levels, etc. But hey, you got the file faster, who cares. :P

• 2 months later...

question on speed.

i have 6MB/s dsl that gives me a download speed of 750 KB/s and upward speed of 50 KB/s.

i have to move soonl phone company at the place im looking has it as 768 kbps for both down and up. now is that the same in speed or much less?

Far less. 1MB/s=~120kb/sec. Count it out.

i believe it would be 90 KB/s which is 8 times slower. they want $50 for it and of course phone line basic also another $18. im paying right now $27 basic and $35 for the 6MB/s

plus is phone company website sucks. no information.

anyway, im guessing im stuck with the cable company for internet then. $30-40 for 4 MB/s and suppose same cost when they switch to 6 MB/s. right now their 6 MB/s is like $60. that price will then go to the 8 MB/s they are coming out with. i told them bellsouth on base is kililng them on their prices.

anyway, anyone have insight cable as their internet provider? if so your opinion of them and their newsgroup service. than kyou

Archived