Why We Were Offline...

nsane

News.pngI've been getting quite a few PMs and such asking why we were offline so I thought I'd clear things up for everyone. We were taken offline by our host after they recieved an e-mail from Alcohol Soft's General Manager, Paul, claiming I was hosting their product illegaly on my servers. However, as many of you may know, this is completely false. I do not host any files accept for those on files.nsaneproductions.com, which are ALL public domain files. Any files that are linked to by our proxy system, also on other servers, are hosted by parties not involved with this site. However, our old host wasn't exactly sure about the whole thing...tho he was cool about it...he decided they couldn't host us anymore. We will be using them as an EU mirror for the file server tho, so all you guys across the sea should enjoy the benefits of that.

So you guys at AS can go fuck youselve's as I'm not violating any laws. And if you wanna get into the legality of the proxies, it's already been done and you can fuck yourself again. They are called anonymous for a reason ya know. I also bought a dedicated IP for the site this time, so you're not ganna be able to harass our host with your frivolous threats (trace = nsane, bitch).

But, as many of you may know I'm all against warez monkeys that completely refuse to buy programs even tho they can easily afford them. Because I make a living off web design, I know how important it is to make that living and software programmers deserve the same graditude. We offer a service to people here, mainly the younger ones who have no money or those who simply can't afford to buy ALL the programs they NEED to further their knowledge of computers. But, with the way Alcohol Soft and alot of other companies are acting these days, I'm not so sure they deserve my money to go around harassing perfectly honest people with.

They basicly spend money to piss people off and never get their money back, as the people they pissed off don't give them more ammunition. It's the same road the RIAA's half way down, now they're trying to act like it's P2P's fault people don't wanna give them money to turn around and sue them with. It's basicly like beating the shit out of a starving kid because he tried to get some food, then expecting him to help you out when the tables have turned. However, being the honest person I am, I would still help you...everyone can make mistakes. But, simply put, it's a VERY bad buissness practice that only results in more loss for your company and, thus, you guys need to seriously rethink your buissness agenda.

Now, to all our loyal fans, have fun...CAUSE WE'RE BACK BITCHES! :unsure:

• Replies 15
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the e-mail...

To whom it may concern,

It has come to our attention that you are hosting a site www.nsaneproductions.com this site is offering non legal downloads of our software at the link http://www.nsaneproductions.com/?request=1864071. We would appreciate immediate action against the owner of this site in so much as the site be removed or other action taken before we request our legal department to look into the matter.

Regards

Paul

General manager

Alcohol Soft

[email protected]

www.alcohol-soft.com

SacredCultivator

Woo good job on your post there nsane, I agree you do not violate any laws, but some people really have nothing better to do then to just randomly go around harassing others at anythign they can do against them.

But yeah as all of us supporters of you nsane, thanks for your service!!!

yeah, fight the power y'all...should see if there's a business law type person out there who could draft a reply to good ole' pauly with the words 'defamation' and 'unlawful harassment' prominently placed

good on you for being back, do not let anyone intimidate you, to find the alcohol program all you got to do is do a google search. Interesting that they would pick on you but what about all the russian, chinese, korean, arabic

sites hosting those files will they send them a seize and desist order I really doubt it.

I was getting kind of worried during the downtime, but now that it's back up, I'd like to say that I never realized how useful this site was... until it was down for a little while, and it really made me notice! I love this site! :P

Good luck with your legal issues in the future, I hope we never lose this site :unsure:

they actuallty went to the effort to physicly trace the IPs location and send a complaint to the server owner...this is pathetic...

i'm downloading a backup now, but'd recomend no one post anything beyond this point...

Guest oxygenuk

fu***** hell back at last :P

it seemed like it was for about a week, even if it wasnt for a week i think it was close!

welcome back, and please dont do it again :P :unsure:

we might have to, read the post above yours :\

nvm, we're cool for now, host just hit me back...

Hello

No action needs taking at the moment, we will contest the NAC email for you. We have checked your site & cant see any problems with it. I will keep you updated.

Regards

Employee of My Host

Guest Flametonguex

nice good nsane good to c this finally back up and yes tell thoses ???? where to go ?????? lol :unsure:

:notworthy: Nsane :king:Thats the spirit :ninja:

Respect ;) So pleased the party is back on ;)

Archived