User created restore point

Betts1964

Is there a way to restore computer from last user created restore point windows 10 if i do not see it listed under SYSTEM RESTORE>CHOOSE DIFFERENT RESTORE POINT? I just see ones created by revo uninstaller or windows modules installer?

If yes, how do I do it plz?

TIA

• Replies 4
  • Views 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

20 hours ago, Betts1964 said:

Is there a way to restore computer from last user created restore point windows 10 if i do not see it listed under SYSTEM RESTORE>CHOOSE DIFFERENT RESTORE POINT? I just see ones created by revo uninstaller or windows modules installer?

If yes, how do I do it plz?

TIA

NOTE - Check if any of this is the cause:

• In Windows 10, system restore points can be stored for 90 days. Otherwise, the older restore points that have exceeded 90 days will be deleted automatically.
  • If you find that your system restore points are being deleted on every reboot, maybe your Page File is highly defragmented.
  • Also, after updating to Major Windows 10 OS releases, the previous restore points may get lost.

Try in Safe mode:

1. Reboot & open Advanced Boot Options.
  2. Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
  3. In cmd window, run "rstrui.exe"
  4. Check if your missing restore point listed.
  5. If listed, you are lucky, proceed with instructions.

NOTE - FYI:

• Never turn off/toggle System Protection if you don't want to lose all restore points.
  • Adjust & Manage Restore Point Disk Usage to avoid this in future. To do this, Navigate to System Configuration > System Protection > Configure...
  • It is better to check and delete unwanted restore points to avoid losing old restore points.
  • Take regular backups.

16 hours ago, vissha said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Try in Safe mode:

1. Reboot & open Advanced Boot Options.
  2. Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
  3. In cmd window, run "rstrui.exe"
  4. Check if your missing restore point listed.
  5. If listed, you are lucky, proceed with instructions.

NOTE - FYI:

• Never turn off/toggle System Protection if you don't want to lose all restore points.
  • Adjust & Manage Restore Point Disk Usage to avoid this in future. To do this, Navigate to System Configuration > System Protection > Configure...
  • It is better to check and delete unwanted restore points to avoid losing old restore points.
  • Take regular backups.

How can I show a list of all restore points so i can see the one i want to delete plz?

44 minutes ago, Betts1964 said:

How can I show a list of all restore points so i can see the one i want to delete plz?

https://www.ghacks.net/2012/10/05/manage-system-restore-from-the-command-line/

https://winaero.com/find-available-system-restore-points-in-windows-10/

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/131901-see-list-all-available-system-restore-points-windows.html

Check the updated NOTE in my previous post above.

Archived