Innosetup Compiler

clazzic

Hi,

I am not well versed with the usage of Innosetup Compiler 5.2.2. Currently, I have been using an Innosetup Compiler Script to package an executable.

My executable is installed at c:\abc\bin

My requirement is during the installation when the existing executable is getting uninstalled, I want to copy one of the folders from c:\abc\bin to a c:\temp.

If I want to make this change into the existing script for Innosetup Compiler, what is the change I need to make.

Which is the section I need to modify.

I shall be glad if anyone can send me the user guide or help file of Innosetup Compiler 5.2.2.

Thx

Clazzic

• Replies 4
  • Views 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Its been ages since i did anything with InnoSetup but basically what you are asking isn't very difficult.

[Files]
Source: {appdir}; DestDir: {tmp} Flags: external skipifsourcedoesntexist

I recommend you have a look at ISTools its a handy tool if you are just getting started.

Its been ages since i did anything with InnoSetup but basically what you are asking isn't very difficult.

[Files]
Source: {appdir}; DestDir: {tmp} Flags: external skipifsourcedoesntexist

I recommend you have a look at ISTools its a handy tool if you are just getting started.

Hi Lite,

This command in the Files Section will be copy the files rightly from the source location to the destination, but this will be done after the installation.

What I am looking for is like this:

I have a folder 'xyz' in C:\abc/xyz. Now, when I reinstall 'abc', the folder 'xyz' will be replaced with a new one.

Thus, during the new installation I want to copy the folder 'xyz' to some other location like 'c:\'. Basically I want to backup my folder 'xyz' before the new installation.

Thus, a command like this in [uninstallRun] would be useful:

Filename: "{sys}\cmd.exe"; Parameters: " /c copy C:\abc\xyz\* C:\xyz"; Flags: shellexec skipifdoesntexist

But still with the above command, I am only able to copy the folder 'xyz' only as a file to c: but not as a folder.

How to copy the folder 'xyz' as a folder to the destination i.e. C:\ is my current problem???

Thanks

clazzic

• Administrator

The code i posted above should do what you ask for. This is because of the "external" flag we are calling.

If you place it right at the top of the files section IS processes the script in order.

We can go on to specify full directories for example by using wildcard or specific files. We can do lots more, if you need more specifics let me know.

Archived