[Solved] How to make almost fully unattended install image of W10?

rawyolks

How to make almost fully unattended install image of W10?

1. Don't ask to agree with eula, don't ask for key,
2. After first stage don't ask about language and locale, keyboard
3. Block auto updating when connected to the internet
4. After creating user always choose "no thank you" in questions.

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can use this website, it's called windows Answer File Generator which allows to generate the file very easily by choosing all different setup options that you want to skip or keep during the automatic installation.

I've been using it for many years now and it works like a charm. This answer file will allow to achieve all options you mentionned except blocking auto update. Windows update should still be enabled.

If so, you will need to modifiy the answer file like this :

<OOBE>
<ProtectYourPC>3</ProtectYourPC>
</OOBE>

By doing this, windows update should be disabled.

Windows will be installed automatically without the need of intervene manually during the installation.

it's very easy to use, you go to "Desktop" tab and you choose the windows version that you want to install, let's say that you want to install win10 so choose "windows 10".

From there as i said, you can specify which setup options you want to skip, you can choose to skip all setup options that are offered in the concerned website so that you don't need to intervene during the win10 installation, it will be done automatically including how to partition disks.

After you choose all your desired setup options, you click at the bottom on "Highlight All" then you download the file by clicking on "Download File".

Then, all you have to do is to put the answer file "autounattend.xml" file in the root of your flash usb drive or your DVD.

in Addition to what @mehdibleu said:
I have used the Windows System Image Manager (WSIM) in the past to create my answer files. It is Microsofts Tool to create such answerfiles.

Moreover you could also look into sysprepping your image. Doing so you could for example include drivers, install software, etc. in your image so that these will be available right after the installation process.

Just keep in mind that creating an answer file and/or sysprepping your image does take some time and especially some trial and error ;)

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived