WAT - The 3-Letter Word For Windows 7 Pirates

*dcs18

• Replies 108
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ box

Though my system (modded BIOS) was successfully activated (was even clearing the offline MGADiag) it failed to validate online (despite a 'Repair Re-install.) Today, after we played with the .dll on my system this is what I did:-

01.) Restored the ownership from 'deny' back to 'allow'

02.) Un-hid WAT and re-installed it manually

03.) Tried to validate but no joy (damn, my stupidity . . . . . . . . our .dll was supposed to be re-registered.)

04.) Hence rebooted hoping re-register the new ownership attributes of our .dll

05.) Tried to re-validate online and lo success. :rockon:

06.) Re-booted again just for insurance

Methinks even WAT was not able to read the .dll due to the initial 'deny' ownership that we'd imposed.

BTW, Check out these 2 dames from Microsoft (they look so happy . . . . . . . I purchased a genuine copy.) :P

24fxt0y.jpg

I might try this out myself...what DLL do I need to change permissions on?

I might try this out myself...what DLL do I need to change permissions on?

Hi daddy_fizz,

Appreciate your initiative. We were trying to understand what was going wrong and before people would volunteer, we've discovered the root cause. Will certainly keep you in mind if the need arises, again. Thanks a lot, mate. :)

Huh got mine working now (genuine). For some reason DAZ loader still errors for me. I ran that VOAKT Tools that dcs18 mentioned, restored WAT with RremoveWAT. Restarted and ran Windows 7 Loader 6.0.0.6 by Orbit30, reinstalled WAT from microsoft and validated...

Hey, that's great news. Glad you got your copy to validate. :)

It's amazing that the VOATK Tools for Vista works for Windows Se7en. It somehow does manage to remove a variety of loaders.

• 2 months later...

kb971033 showed up only today for me in windows update. needless to say i'm hiding it.

altho it won't detect a bios mod, i don't feel like having it on my sys calling home to m$ every 90 days.

kb971033 showed up only today for me in windows update. needless to say i'm hiding it.

altho it won't detect a bios mod, i don't feel like having it on my sys calling home to m$ every 90 days.

you can turn it off with win7quicky3.0.

Archived