ffmpeg issue

I Am Negan

Hi all, wondering if you can help me? I want to tell ffmpeg not to "write a CRC32 element inside every Level 1 element". I entered "ffmpeg -h muxer=matroska" in the command line and i see the option. I just don't know what to enter to disable it. I tried "ffmpeg -write_crc32 false" but got back "Trailing options were found on the commandline." anybody know the correct procedure?

Spoiler

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.804]
(c) 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ffmpeg -h muxer=matroska
ffmpeg version 3.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 7.2.0 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-sdl2 --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libzimg --enable-lzma --enable-zlib --enable-gmp --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-cuda --enable-cuvid --enable-d3d11va --enable-nvenc --enable-dxva2 --enable-avisynth --enable-libmfx
  libavutil      55. 78.100 / 55. 78.100
  libavcodec     57.107.100 / 57.107.100
  libavformat    57. 83.100 / 57. 83.100
  libavdevice    57. 10.100 / 57. 10.100
  libavfilter     6.107.100 /  6.107.100
  libswscale      4.  8.100 /  4.  8.100
  libswresample   2.  9.100 /  2.  9.100
  libpostproc    54.  7.100 / 54.  7.100
Muxer matroska [Matroska]:
    Common extensions: mkv.
    Mime type: video/x-matroska.
    Default video codec: h264.
    Default audio codec: vorbis.
    Default subtitle codec: ass.
matroska muxer AVOptions:
  -reserve_index_space <int>        E....... Reserve a given amount of space (in bytes) at the beginning of the file for the index (cues). (from 0 to INT_MAX) (default 0)
  -cluster_size_limit <int>        E....... Store at most the provided amount of bytes in a cluster.  (from -1 to INT_MAX) (default -1)
  -cluster_time_limit <int64>      E....... Store at most the provided number of milliseconds in a cluster. (from -1 to I64_MAX) (default -1)
  -dash              <boolean>    E....... Create a WebM file conforming to WebM DASH specification (default false)
  -dash_track_number <int>        E....... Track number for the DASH stream (from 0 to 127) (default 1)
  -live              <boolean>    E....... Write files assuming it is a live stream. (default false)
  -allow_raw_vfw     <boolean>    E....... allow RAW VFW mode (default false)
  -write_crc32       <boolean>    E....... write a CRC32 element inside every Level 1 element (default true)

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Options which do not take arguments are boolean options, and set the corresponding value to true. They can be set to false by prefixing the option name with "no". For example using "-nofoo" will set the boolean option with name "foo" to false. 

Source

Archived