Panopticlick

Sl@pSh0ck™

You know .. yu should at least go ahead and uninstall/get rid of McAfee.. and install a trial for ESET or Norton.. I would be screaming to get rid of it.. You may also want to do a health check on your drive.. sometimes when they start to go bad they give this kind of problem.. I have never really heard anyone talking about McAfee freezing for four hours.. and ANYTHING would be better that that IF it truly is whats to blame..

I have uninstalled it. :dance: I am going to try ESET NOD32 Antivirus + Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro until I've finally decided which AV + Firewall program I'm going to keep (other thread). Hopefully, the PC won't freeze up anymore. It was mostly due to McAfee's weird real-time scanning error. It'd turn on, then off and keep doing that for long periods of time. Then, in the end, it'd finally turn off. :wut: As for the health check, I used Hard Drive Inspector Professional (good program?) and it said this:

* 100% reliability :thumbsup:

* 100% performance :thumbsup:

* 100% error resistance :thumbsup:

I'll post full S.M.A.R.T. details, if you want to know. :)

+1 heath28m.

dump mcafee.

ultravpn doesnt affect browsing .

i hv used it .

i would also recommend a hijackthis log .

post its result in the forum .

plenty of experienced members here , who can have a look at the log .

Which version of HijackThis should I use to post the log? 2.0.2 or 2.0.3 beta? :think:

Yeah, all your problems might be due to Mcafee .... dump it for good :lol:

Done! :) :ninja:logo_resources_case_study_mcafee.gif

• Replies 31
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+++ Use the stable version of Hijackthis (but you can actually use either)

+++ Please report back if your system is running fine now after uninstalling Mcafee for the benefit of other members who might be having same issue as yours ;)

never tried the beta .

go for stable .

beta is said to be a bit aggressive ...

Hey guys. I lost my internet connection since yesterday (weather problems, wires, etc). :badmood: I'm using my friend's laptop to quickly leave a message. I'm going to put all these comments/questions/answers on hold for now. When everything is fine again, I'll come back. Talk to you all soon. :)

Archived