Windows 7 update problem

ThE iNsAnE

Hi,

So i freshly installed windows 7 ultimate SP1, however i just can't get the windows update to work. It always returns with errors.

Tried reinstalling but same issue.

Tried a fix from github with automated update fix script but even then the update doesn't work. It just doesn't search for update and displays errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

A fresh install of Windows 7 needs lots of updates the following page contains the list of updates that should be manually installed to help Windows Update start working...

http://wu.krelay.de/en/

Another solution is to install an update package 'Simplix UpdatePack 7' that contains all the updates needed https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/simplix_updatepack.html

May be this can help

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/solution-long-scan-issue-with-windows-update-in-windows-7-sp1.70592/

OR 

Try Microsoft Windows 7 English August 2016 Media Refresh ISO(Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit)

Link:

https://download.microsoft.com/download/5/1/9/5195A765-3A41-4A72-87D8-200D897CBE21/7601.24214.180801-1700.win7sp1_ldr_escrow_CLIENT_ULTIMATE_x64FRE_en-us.iso

MD5: 8ce237e3d43ccfb41bfe32ccd4420e10

Regards

1 hour ago, ThE iNsAnE said:

Hi,

So i freshly installed windows 7 ultimate SP1, however i just can't get the windows update to work. It always returns with errors.

Tried reinstalling but same issue.

Tried a fix from github with automated update fix script but even then the update doesn't work. It just doesn't search for update and displays errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Just go here grab this tool and use after you make a clean install win 7 ulti, please use some time reading litle in this topic before you start the project so you get litle knowlede about the tool its an aio solution released every month.

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/mdl-win-7-tool-for-simplix-updatepack-aio-iso-with-install-wim-esd-creation.79421/

41 minutes ago, MrZeb said:

Because not everyone can read Russian!

Cannot read Russian, but always prefer the author's link that appears while hovering the mouse 😉

@uffbros, @MrZeb, @donkey-girl, @mp68terr so basically all of you recommended the SIMPLIX UPDATE PACKAGE! 

Well, i installed it. Now i guess the windows is updated till the last simplix pack date. However, the windows built-in updater still doesn't work. Is it just me or has microsoft killed the built-in updater?

Any way to make it work?

2 hours ago, haris_sane69 said:

May be this can help

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/solution-long-scan-issue-with-windows-update-in-windows-7-sp1.70592/

OR 

Try Microsoft Windows 7 English August 2016 Media Refresh ISO(Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit)

Link:

https://download.microsoft.com/download/5/1/9/5195A765-3A41-4A72-87D8-200D897CBE21/7601.24214.180801-1700.win7sp1_ldr_escrow_CLIENT_ULTIMATE_x64FRE_en-us.iso

MD5: 8ce237e3d43ccfb41bfe32ccd4420e10

Regards

Yes i have the integrated updates iso. It is updated till august 2018. Some 5.7gigs size. However, many users in different forums adviced to install from the regular windows 7 iso. They adviced not to use the august 2018 version. Not clear why....

January 14,2020 Windows 7 was no longer supported. They did continue some kind of paid support to get security updates. What you are getting is those updates thru Simplex....There is no Windows update thru the Windows Update we do Windows 10

14 minutes ago, ThE iNsAnE said:

Yes i have the integrated updates iso. It is updated till august 2018. Some 5.7gigs size. However, many users in different forums adviced to install from the regular windows 7 iso. They adviced not to use the august 2018 version. Not clear why

The ISO link I shared to you is released by MICROSOFT itself which is updated until August 2016. It includes IE11 and Microsoft.net Framework 4.7.2. but lacks NVMe hotfixes, storage controllers and USB 3.0 drivers. I tested it on my frienda system & there was no issue\error in downloading updates through Windows Updates.

PS: You'll get updates till January 2020 not the latest Feburary 2021.

19 minutes ago, ThE iNsAnE said:

However, many users in different forums adviced to install from the regular windows 7 iso. They adviced not to use the august 2018 version. Not clear why....

Because you may have problems in activating it because of a false KB released,which was released (Activation issue in Windows 7 after update).

You may be required to uninstall it accordingly.

You may encounter an error "Windows is not genuine“"

Regards

Hopefully the error was resolved in the later updates, never had time to test this

1 hour ago, ThE iNsAnE said:

However, the windows built-in updater still doesn't work. Is it just me or has microsoft killed the built-in updater?

W7 was terminated by m$oft in Jan. 2020. What kind of free w7 update do you expect from them now?

5 hours ago, mp68terr said:

W7 was terminated by m$oft in Jan. 2020. What kind of free w7 update do you expect from them now?

I was just expecting the updates available till the time it was supported. Not the newer ones. Those updates are supposed to be available i guess. 

6 hours ago, haris_sane69 said:

The ISO link I shared to you is released by MICROSOFT itself which is updated until August 2016. It includes IE11 and Microsoft.net Framework 4.7.2. but lacks NVMe hotfixes, storage controllers and USB 3.0 drivers. I tested it on my frienda system & there was no issue\error in downloading updates through Windows Updates.

PS: You'll get updates till January 2020 not the latest Feburary 2021.

I tried this iso too bro. Still the built-in windows update doesn't work in this too. Although it is updated till Aug 2018. Later updates till the time windows 7 was supported could not be searched/downloaded in this too. 

6 hours ago, ThE iNsAnE said:

I tried this iso too bro. Still the built-in windows update doesn't work in this too. Although it is updated till Aug 2018. Later updates till the time windows 7 was supported could not be searched/downloaded in this too.

Its working fine here my friend, I tested on VM for you

Spoiler

Annotation-2021-02-28-123818.png

Annotation-2021-02-28-124058.png

You should restart your system & check  it again that's how it works in my case OR check all network drivers are installed on your system

@haris_sane69 thanks a lot. Good to know that it still works. However, sadly i am unable to get the updates to work. Tried restarting and lots of other fixes available in the forums.

The error code 80072EE2 relates to:-  Code (dec.): 80072
                                                                Code (hex.): 0x000138C8
                                                                Facility: FACILITY_DEBUGGER (0x01)
                                                                Severity: STATUS_SEVERITY_SUCCESS (0x00)

Don't know if that means something to the clever guys here.:dunno::dunno::dunno:

4 hours ago, ThE iNsAnE said:

@haris_sane69 this is the error i am getting everytime

Capture.PNG

Tested again Microsoft Windows 7 English August 2016 Media Refresh ISO(Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit) on VM

Spoiler

Annotation-2021-02-28-234212.png

Annotation-2021-02-28-234531.png

Annotation-2021-02-28-234638.png

Annotation-2021-02-28-235012.png

Annotation-2021-02-28-235101.png

Annotation-2021-02-28-235151.png

Annotation-2021-03-01-000439.png

Suprisingly this time updates was shown in first go no error code or something

@haris_sane69bro this time i set the updates settings to just "check for updates" rather than automatically download and install. Just like you did in your screens.

Surprisingly this time i got the updates however i did not download and install as yet.

Don't know what the problem was but i was trying for last 3 days without any success till now. 

Hopefully it should download and install normally. I have the same version of windows that you installed.

Thanks for your efforts!

10 hours ago, mehdibleu said:

Go to "windows update" then "installed updates" then make a screen.

So this time it worked by changing the WU settings from "automatically install" to just "check for updates"

Don't know why it happened but this was the only change i made before WU could search for updates. 

1.PNG

2.PNG

Archived