Gigabyte G1 sniper b6 spread spectrum control always set to auto

nothing1

i just got this new board for the USB DAC UP i am trying to turn off spread spectrum control but it is only on auto no option to change any ideas

• Replies 3
  • Views 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, nothing1 said:

i just got this new board for the USB DAC UP i am trying to turn off spread spectrum control but it is only on auto no option to change any ideas

There is a BIOS/UEFI setting called "Spread Spectrum Control" where you can change the setting (under "Advanced Frequency Settings").

If not seeing the mentioned setting, consider upgrading your BIOS/UEFI firmware.

• 2 weeks later...

i can see that but it is grayed out as "Auto" i was able to change it once but when i restarted and went back into BIOS it was grayed out, i am wondering what other settings may have caused this because that seem the most likely reason. Thanks for the reply

10 hours ago, nothing1 said:

i was able to change it once but when i restarted and went back into BIOS it was grayed out

It's a BIOS bug as reported by others.  Update your Bios to the latest version if possible to see if the problem is solved.  Some users reported that they had to downgrade the BIOS to older versions to solve the problem though!

One workaround is to enable overclocking feature in the BIOS which will kick the mentioned setting out of grayed out state so you can change it.

Hope this helps.

Archived