norton 2005

myidisbb

back when i used klr i was getting NIWP warming to premit or block. i ask about this before in klr web site. basically they said it was nothing, but block it anyway.

i have been using bitlord .56 with no pop ups from notron. i installed sp2, tcp fix to 50 connections and bitlord 1.01. after a week or two of using the new bitlord i am now getting the NIWP popups again. if i click block bitlord still ups and downloads. is it norton being stupid? should i just keep it block or just ignore it with permit? i always click block and later on remove it, but it keeps coming up after a while when the program is in use. (d/u has only been 3 inu yasha files which hasnt been released in the usa)

using pg2, microanticrap spyware, adwatch 1.05, zonealarm pro 5.5.062.044 (i know this might not be updated to the newest)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tensegg
back when i used klr i was getting NIWP warming to premit or block.  i ask about this before in klr web site.  basically they said it was nothing, but block it anyway.

i have been using bitlord .56 with no pop ups from notron.  i installed sp2, tcp fix to 50 connections and bitlord 1.01.  after a week or two of using the new bitlord i am now getting the NIWP popups again.  if i click block bitlord still ups and downloads.  is it norton being stupid?  should i just keep it block or just ignore it with permit?  i always click block and later on remove it, but it keeps coming up after a while when the program is in use.  (d/u has only been 3 inu yasha files which hasnt been released in the usa)

using pg2, microanticrap spyware, adwatch 1.05, zonealarm pro 5.5.062.044 (i know this might not be updated to the newest)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would bin Norton immediatley, get nod32, and sleep well ;)

Guest tensegg

get a trial of nod32 HERE, and grab a free sygate from presos link above, try em together for a week, if you go back to norton, I'll eat your hat :P :huh:

you'll get your pc back from that beast, and be mighty happy methinks :huh:

EDIT: ;) :P

erm... sorry myidisbb, preso

there was a very nice reply to your post from preso just above this one, before I erm, um... deleted it :unsure: ;)

I'll remove a small finger as punishment, screenshots to follow :D

Hi tenseqq...

Never mind about it, it can happen :unsure: . Btw I forgot to mention nod32 it's reliable AV with low cpu usage, will be a good combination with sygate.

hope myidisbb can solve the problems,

cheers,

preso

Archived