Need advice on selecting audio conf software

worm_mba

Hello,

Are there any free audio conferencing solutions that allow you to record the session? I'm looking to help some older folks who like to connect socially in their community every now & then. 

1. Zoom, Google meet, Teams do allow recording but only for their paid versions; 

2. I tried a few audio chat apps like Geneva- they don't seem to have recordings built in

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

• Replies 4
  • Views 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although it is not clear what is the reason to have the conference recorded; how about using a separate app on the side to record the session, which might be an easier solution.

Thanks for our response. The reason for recording the conference is to make (at least the audio) available for the people that are unable to show up.
I did tinker with having an app like audacity running- but that requires a laptop, and some familiarity with the tech- which might not be feasible with the older folks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

the open source tool "bigbluebutton" allows you to record sessions. However you will have to host it somewhere yourself. All you need is a Linux Server + some configuration. Or maybe there is some hosted version somewhere that i dont know about ;)

So if you have the possibility to host it somewhere yourself, it is worth to take a look at it

For use in windows pc,

Use apowersoft free screen recorder.

Works well. Captures system sounds as well as mic sounds.

I have been using it for quite sometime.

Difficult to capture sound in android. Although video can be captured. I have had no luck in capturing sounds in android screen recorders.

Archived