Ryzen 3900x High Voltage

mclaren85

So after a long research, I've happily concluded to stick to AMD and built an AMD Ryzen 9 3900x system with Asus Tuf x570 plus mainboard. The performance is so good that I didn't see the need for adjusting the Ram speed to XMP (DOCP). Even my Ram speeds are 3600 compatible, I run them at 2666 mhz to not to push the system so much. So all bios settings are default.
but... the problem is when I look at the bios or via cpu-z, Vcore voltage is 1,47v. I did upgrade the bios to the latest stable version but the voltage remains the same. Also, keep in mind that cpu temps looks good, 55C under load.
Here are some photos about the core voltage, in windows the voltage is bouncing between 0,3v to 1,45v rapidly.

So What can I do guys, I'm really worried if I harm my new cpu since I've invest in a lot:) Can my cpu withstand that voltage? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

• Replies 1
  • Views 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, mclaren85 said:

Vcore voltage is 1,47v

I believe under normal circumstances it should be much lower (per specification on your CPU)

18 hours ago, mclaren85 said:

voltage is bouncing between 0,3v to 1,45v rapidly

It is normal for overclocked/even normal CPU voltage to change based on the load, but your numbers are too low and too high.  0.3v?  Normally OS would not even boot under such low voltages.

18 hours ago, mclaren85 said:

I run them at 2666 mhz

Just FYI, when you overclock a system, all components should be boosted to maintain a consistent operational speed (CPU, RAM, etc).  Otherwise you will create bottlenecks.

Archived