Suggestion....

cyberloner

Forum should open to all discussion... saying thanks but deleted later is really insulting user and they won't active anymore... no body dare to type at all....

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting only 'thanks' or similar is against our Forum Guidelines, so Staff have to enforce it...

Like on most online forums the use of the 'Like / Thanks' button is preferred over simply posting 'Thanks' or something similar.

We're not the only Forum that has this rule. It's used to help keep topics free of off-topic clutter, posts that don't contribute anything to the topic.

Like the above Guideline says, members have the alternative of using a Thanks or Like Reaction instead. If they still wish to thank someone personally, they can always use a PM.

I'm sorry, but I don't think it's insulting or that people will leave just because we hide their "Thanks" posts. I will usually send a new member a polite PM to explain that I've hidden their post and also explain why. Most that have replied have been grateful and understanding.

• Administrator

@cyberloner as @Karlston mentioned above we have guidelines about this, and saying only thanks it's not allowed. Moreover, any member before start a topic or even add a reply (post) they must have read the guidelines in order to know what they should post and what should not.  

Archived