is there a way to save/export all installed firefox add ons into one file ?

majithia23

hello friends ...

well i was just thinking of reformatting my old pc , making a fresh install of every software .

is there a way , by which we can export / save all our installed firefox add ons ( along with all the personalised settings and preferences ,, eg as for no script and grease monkey ) into one file ,

so as to have an easy access to all of them , after a fresh firefox install ??

as we install the firefox and then just run the file , so as to get all of the add ons back and running ....

thanks ...

• Replies 8
  • Views 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may safely dispose off all your addons if you backup your Firefox profile from the the following directory:-

Windows Se7en:-

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox B)

Windows XP:-

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

Mozbackup can work for this.

Mozbackup does everything. This is the best program for backing up Firefox in one file. It is also free.

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

MozBackup is a simple utility for creating backups of Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mozilla Sunbird, Flock, SeaMonkey, Mozilla Suite, Spicebird, Songbird and Netscape profiles.

It allows you to backup and restore bookmarks, mail, contacts, history, extensions, cache etc. It's an easy way to do Firefox backup, Thunderbird backup ...

yeah i wil check mozback now.i used to use FEBE always.as its alreadt said we cant backup plugins with this.but in future we can expect febe bacuping plugins too ?? :blink: :unsure: :huh:

The reason you can't backup plugins is because some are basically installed on your system for other browsers to be used. This means when you install a plugin you do it once and not four times over.. So while you can in some cases back them up.. Transferring/copying the folder and contents.. You may still need to install the applications ( like Java, Office, DivX, Adobe Flash/Shockwave )... to have them work as they should.. You run across this when creating something like FF Portable as well.. you can bring a few with you, and they even make Java portable.. but still you may have reduce functionality or none at all depending on what other files/registry entries are relied upon to operate.. So it may not be as simple as you may think.

You may safely dispose off all your addons if you backup your Firefox profile from the the following directory:-

Windows Se7en:-

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox B)

Windows XP:-

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

Try FEBE and OPIE. Recommended by heath28m. ;)

Yeah, I think that covered it.. except the plugins.. Those you may need to properly install..

Mozbackup does everything. This is the best program for backing up Firefox in one file. It is also free.

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

MozBackup is a simple utility for creating backups of Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mozilla Sunbird, Flock, SeaMonkey, Mozilla Suite, Spicebird, Songbird and Netscape profiles.

It allows you to backup and restore bookmarks, mail, contacts, history, extensions, cache etc. It's an easy way to do Firefox backup, Thunderbird backup ...

thanks guys for your help ...

i did come across FEBE on mozillas add ons page , but was thinking , that this itself is an add on , and would require a new install...

well anywayz mozbackup was a great suggestion ..

it did the job and with no problems ..

:)

Archived