Strange Commands In Run Window

bigjohn

G'day guys and Happy New Year,

Windows 10 - 64 Ver 1903

I installed Isoburn and image burn from Mayor Geeks. It installed unwanted without warning Avira and McAfee staff. I uninstalled with Revo in safe mode as Revo did not delete leftovers in normal mode. Then I noticed my browsers as well as Skype were disabled, I did a system restore and it also was corrupted. I uninstalled and reinstalled Skype and the browsers. All was good. I tried to go to msconfig and as soon as typed “m” these commands were in the dropdown list (please see attachment). I have never used them nor do I know what they do.

Please tell me if it is a sign of something sinister going on in my system. I run Eset Smart Security 8 which updates about every couple of hours or so.

I can always install a backup image, but I’m worried about those commands that I never used myself.

Please open attachment.

Thank you for any answers.

John

MS.JPG

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bigjohn,

I can't throw any light on the solution to your problem, but recently I too noticed strange behaviour on MajorGeeks.

The first thing I noticed was that sometimes when I clicked to download a program on MajorGeeks the download window

offered a totally different problem e.g:- I clicked to download "All MajorGeeks Tweaks" and I got offered "Optimizer".

This strange behaviour occurred over various days.

In the last few days a new problem has emerged. When I clicked on a program in the daily list, the download links appeared

but immediately the whole page changed to MajorGeeks Deals selling Malwarebytes and I couldn't get past that no matter

how many times I re-tried. Each day it gets worse...now it offers iDRIVE and when I click to go back a page it refuses to

change. So I have to rapid click 5 or 6 times to get back to the main page of MajorGeeks.

I tried deleting cookies  etc as advised by one of the guys on Nsane, but today MajorGeeks is still behaving badly. I can only

guess that the site has been compromised....but I don't understand why the site owners haven't realized yet.:wub::wub::wub:

fankii,

Thank you  for your answer, I have experienced the same situation as you described on MayorGeeks. I'll give it a miss from now on.

On another topic google has block Elchupacabra site and I can access it with opera browser, but. 

Can I ask you about your avatar, the Chilean flag, I was born in Santiago 79 years ago and lived Down Under for more than 45 years. often I have to think in English to spick Spanish. 

Thanks again 

Regards

John

18 hours ago, bigjohn said:

fankii,

Thank you  for your answer, I have experienced the same situation as you described on MayorGeeks. I'll give it a miss from now on.

On another topic google has block Elchupacabra site and I can access it with opera browser, but. 

Can I ask you about your avatar, the Chilean flag, I was born in Santiago 79 years ago and lived Down Under for more than 45 years. often I have to think in English to spick Spanish. 

Thanks again 

Regards

John

I don't know why MajorGeeks haven't investigated what's happening with their site.

It's getting very difficult to download anything there. I also visit El Chupacabra's site

very often and he has temporarily suspended updating his repacks while he awaits a

reply from Google. I use Firefox and it was blocking his page with the big red warning

about being harmful to our computers. I just went to his page a moment ago and he says

he has to wait about 2 weeks for Google to resolve this (hopefully). He does good

repacks/portables so i hope he gets this cleared up.

And, yes, I'm in Chile...been here 23 years. I have family in Scotland, England, Australia, and the USA.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Archived