ZTE F660 Router firmware

mehdibleu

Hi,

I got a new ZTE F660 router recently, pleased with it as it suits my needs except that "no-ip" service type is not available on the firmware image which is v5.2 so i need to upgrade to a more recent firmware to hopefully be able to use "no-ip" service.

The problem is that i can't find a most recent firmware for this router type anywhere so if someone could find and share v7.1 firmware for this router, that would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 10
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ZTE F660 has different hardware models/series.

A complete model/serial number would be really helpful.

Thank you for the reply.

Here's a screen with all necessary details including serial number, software version......

Spoiler

Capture.png

A friend of mine got the same router, it has the same hardware and boot loader version but with a different serial number and a different software version and the "no-ip" service is available on his router but not on mine :

Spoiler

Capture2.png

so if i could get the same different software version image as his "V5.2.10P4T61"or a more recent software/firmware image than v5.2, that would probably solve this issue as i shoud get the "no-ip" service available after that.

V7.1 firmware should probably solve the issue.

21 hours ago, mehdibleu said:

if i could get the same different software version image as his "V5.2.10P4T61"

While we are looking for the firmware that is needed, why not ask your friend to backup his firmware and give you a copy?

Most routers have an option to backup your firmware, specially before updating, just in case something goes wrong and you have to go back to the old version.

Just remember you have to change settings (username, password, etc.) after this procedure.

7 minutes ago, DLord said:

While we are looking for the firmware that is needed, why not ask your friend to backup his firmware and give you a copy?

Most routers have an option to backup your firmware, specially before updating, just in case something goes wrong and you have to go back to the old version.

okay i ask him to try that hopping that he gets the option to do the backup.

9 minutes ago, DLord said:

Just remember you have to change settings (username, password, etc.) after this procedure.

which exact settings are you talking about ?

i have a lot of options and applications which are configured as DDNS, port forwarding, etc....

so do you mean that i will have to configure again all these applications after the upgrade to the new firmware has been done including wifi password ?

1 hour ago, mehdibleu said:

do you mean that i will have to configure again all these applications after the upgrade to the new firmware has been done including wifi password ?

Yes indeed.  No matter how you upgrade the firmware, you will have to re-apply all your settings.  There is an option to backup the router settings, but I strongly advise you NOT to use that since you are changing the firmware.  That (router settings) backup plan is good if somehow you loose your settings (like power shortage or accidental reset) while on the same firmware version.

20 minutes ago, DLord said:

Yes indeed.  No matter how you upgrade the firmware, you will have to re-apply all your settings. 

That's what i thought.

20 minutes ago, DLord said:

There is an option to backup the router settings, but I strongly advise you NOT to use that since you are changing the firmware.  That (router settings) backup plan is good if somehow you loose your settings (like power shortage or accidental reset) while on the same firmware version.

yes that's what i was going to tell you about, yes there is an option called "USB Backup" available on my router but this one enables to save router settings as you just said and which can be practical if you loose your settings for some reason but i found no option to backup the firmware and i suppose it will be the same for my friend's router as they are from the same brand.

So i guess the only solution is to find the same software version as his router or a most recent firmware than v5.2 to proceed to the upgrade and hopefully get this done.

18 hours ago, mehdibleu said:

i found no option to backup the firmware

Then I will look around again, although it seems really weird for ZTE not to have a direct link to get firmware updates.

Well my friend, I could not find the requested firmware anywhere.  I even contacted ZTE support with no luck.

Best of luck with your router.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:12 AM, DLord said:

I could not find the requested firmware anywhere. 

I even contacted ZTE support with no luck.

One of the reasons I do Not like ZTE routers.

Archived